So our Halloween festivities started off on Friday night at my brother's house where we shared some yummy food and had 4 different movies going. That's right, 4 movies all in different rooms. There was "Charade", "The Village", "Harry Potter", and "A Heffalump Halloween" (I think). We brought the Halloween decorated brownies and everything was very yummy. We had plenty of family there, even a couple of cousins from my mom's side of the family came. It was great!
Then on Saturday we had our ward trunk or treat at the church in the afternoon. They had a potato bar first and then went outside for the trunk or treat. By the time we went outside it started to rain. So it didn't take long for all of us to quickly make our rounds and head back inside for awhile. They were pretty much finished by then and so we headed over to my in-laws to show our costumes. I felt bad for not seeing them last year so I made sure we made it over there this time. Unfortunately my father in law was not feeling well. It was nice though to have my mother in law take some pictures of all of us in our costumes. I might not have been in a picture otherwise. Anyway, after hanging out there for awhile and getting some goodies we drove back home, stopping by Jack in the Box on the way. After eating dinner we raced over to my sister's house where her kids were anxiously wanting to start trick or treating. I barely had time to set my bags down inside and slip my costume back on before we were off. After the first few houses we discovered that Garrett was going to have a hard time keeping up. So my brother in law took Jack back to the house so Garrett could get a ride in the stroller. I didn't keep my costume on very long though because it kept getting in the way. So I took it off and traded for my jacket. I'm glad we had the stroller to carry things.
The kids had lots of fun and got a ton of candy. I think they had a good Halloween but next year it will be so much better when Daddy is here to enjoy it with us.



1 comment:
Very cute costumes! Very creative.
Post a Comment