Saturday, January 2, 2010
Our Early Christmas
Our next slide show is our early Christmas with Curtis. We had emailed a letter to Santa asking if he could come to our house early since Curtis wouldn't be here on the 25th. This year we celebrated our Christmas on the 16th and Santa was happy to oblige. It was just as fun and magical for them as if it really was Christmas day, even though we were the only ones celebrating that day. Nicole finally got her bow and arrow that she's been asking for all year. That was from Santa. She also got a Princess sleeping bag and an apron that I made her that is princesses on one side and Tinker Bell on the other. Garrett got some cool Buzz Lightyear wings from Santa. It even has buttons that he can push and it has recordings like on the movie "To infinity and beyond!", etc. He LOVES it! He also got a Toy Story sleeping bag and an apron that I made him that has "Cars" on both sides. Both of my kids like to help me cook sometimes so I thought they would enjoy having their own aprons. Nikki also gave Garrett a toy dinosaur and she gave Jack a ring stacker toy. Jack got a toy train from Santa and a walker from us. Curtis got a new VCR/DVD player (he bought it so we could use it before Christmas so it wasn't under the tree.) I had to help Nikki decide what the kids were going to get him so I decided since we didn't have the game "Uno" that it would be a good one. I know, I can't believe I've gone all these years without having "Uno" in our home. After all, I grew up with it as our family favorite. We would always play it. We also found "Hook" on dvd for him (really for all of us). Then I got a snowflake necklace from Nikki and a new cd player that I can hook my zune up to. I finally don't have to blare the speakers from the computer to be able to listen to music in the kitchen. Oh, and then I bought a cd for both of us, Taylor Swift "Fearless". I love her!
That same morning Curtis's parents came over and gave us a gift also. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" on dvd and a bunch of goodies to eat while watching it! We didn't do much the rest of the day since my stomach just wasn't feeling right all day. We had even planned on going out to eat for Christmas dinner but I didn't want to chance getting sick at a restaurant so Curtis ordered Domino's pizza instead. And even though I thought I might regret it I ate the pizza too. Luckily nothing happened and I was fine the next day. So it was a very nice Christmas and great to be able to celebrate it with Curtis home this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Early or not, it looks like it was a great Christmas! So Glad you got to spend it with Curtis! That made it the BEST!
Having Christmas as a family makes being apart better. The fabric you used for the aprons, the kids got the same prints as pillow cases from their grandma. Cute idea...I may keep that in mind.
Glad you had a great Christmas! Nikki's hair is hilarious. I noticed those new Buzz Lightyear wings - when I babysat he wanted to put them on. Very cute aprons. I want to make one for Katie. Maybe you could show me how for her birthday. (And maybe I could use your sewing machine - I need a new one).
A very Merry Christmas. Santa is awesome. My kids loved there apron's too. Actually I gave them paints with theirs. I think they liked the paint better.
Post a Comment