Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My trip to Utah, Part 1

I spent a week and a half in Utah due to my grandpa's funeral and my cousin's wedding. Here are some of the pictures from my trip.

My grandpa passed away on June 1, 2010 and his funeral was on June 4, 2010. He served in WWII so he had the honor of carrying the flag on his coffin. He was 88 years old and lived a very long fulfilling life. I will sure miss him.

They had this displayed near the burial site.

Farewell grandpa. We love you.


My mom is in the pink dress and my grandma is in the middle. They did the gunfire solute and then folded up the flag and presented it to my grandma. What a great honor.


Garrett was not quite sure what to think of the coffin.


The weekend of the funeral I stayed with my brother and his family.

This is them playing a game. I don't remember what it was called but for some reason part of the game was Derek had to wrap toilet paper around his face. It looked so funny I had to get a picture. I wasn't actually playing the game. I was watching "National Treasure" with other family that were there too.


We also discovered that Jack could eat Oreos since there weren't any of his food allergens in them. As you can see he loves them!


The day after the funeral it was free fishing day in Utah so we took the kids out to Utah Lake in Provo. The view of the mountains from where we were was absolutely beautiful!


It was too busy at the festival in Provo to do any fishing so we went to the store and bought our own fishing poles for the kids and did a lot of driving before we ended up at Deer Creek Reservoir. And here's Jack hanging out at the picnic table.


Garrett practicing casting. He has a "Cars" fishing pole.


Nikki and her princess pole.


I think Jack was more interested in fishing than Garrett was....or at least more interested in the fishing pole.


The last night at Derek's we played Rockband with The Beatles songs. Jack loved the drums. There were drums, singing, bass, and guitar. I did the worst at the drums(And I'm talking about personally, not comparing myself to how anyone else did. I don't really know how anyone else did since I was concentrating on what I was doing). It was harder than it looked. I did the best at singing so long as I knew the song. It was a lot of fun though.


Well, enjoy these for now. I will post more tomorrow or the next day.

1 comment:

ChrisandTamara said...

I'm glad you got some good pictures at the funeral. i didn't get very many. Utah Lake is beautiful. Those were cute little fishing poles the kids had - I'll bet they had a lot of fun. Love that pic with Derek the mummy - too funny! I'd like to try that drum game too - it sounds fun. Glad you had a great vacation. Can't wait to see more pics.