Sunday, April 17, 2011

A clean garage is a happy garage :)

Curtis wasn't working last Thursday afternoon so we took the opportunity to do some spring cleaning in our garage.  Unfortunately I did not get a 'before" picture.  But here is what it looks like now.

 We previously had these shelves split up on both sides of the garage.  We decided to put them together to make our shelves deeper and it turns out that it utilizes the space a lot better and we have room to spare.  Of course some things that were on the shelves were either put in the attic, the shed, or given away.

 Our bike and recreation corner.

 Curtis made and hung up a coat hanger.  And the shoes that aren't in our closet are out here(mostly our dirty shoes like hiking, working, and snow boots).  That foil looking stuff in the corner is going to go in the attic which will help our insulation and hopefully our heating/AC bills.

 Curtis built another hanger for our cleaning and yard tools.  And now we have a place to hang our bike trailer and to park Jack's little car.
There you have it!  A nice spacious clean garage.  Lots of space for the van.  It's a wonderful thing!
All the white bags you see on the right are filled with baby boy clothes.  Not really sure what to do with them at the moment.  Hopefully my sister in law will come over soon and we can go through them and get rid of the ones we don't want anymore.  Then we'll go from there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay guys!!! :) The garage looks awesome - so nice to be able to make places for things to go, too! :) Wonderful!!! :)

Vernie and Tony said...

WOW!! How did I miss this post? It looks great! I need to do the same thing and I need to do it before Tony comes home! Maybe this next week! I have a lesson this Sunday and can't concentrate on anything else till it's done! lol

Tiny Tina said...

I finally found you, hey Princess! You have a beautiful family and you all look great, Garrett has grown so much and it is good to see you home with them instead of Iraq where I think it might get a bit crazy for a while.I hope that everything is going well for you. Talked to Pratty the other day, I have skype now so it is easier. I tried to put yours in but my computer won't let me, mine is tina.stanton2, don't worry too much about the time difference. I miss you and think about you often. How is work? I am happy that I found these great pics so I hope you keep it going. Love to all
Tina