Garrett just finished up his first season of playing basketball. He really enjoyed it! Our kids tend to be the ones who watch everyone else on the team play and pass the ball off as quickly as they can instead of shooting because they are timid and afraid, but by the end of Garrett's season he was dribbling the ball, taking a few shots, passing, and doing a pretty good job at guarding. Curtis and I would continuously try to give him pointers before, after, and during the games. On the last day coach told him and us that he was definitely the most improved player this year and I would have to agree. I'm hoping that he plays again next year so that it can help boost his confidence, which he really needs right now. Boosting his confidence in other areas will help boost his confidence in reading, which he is struggling with right now. He's a smart boy, it's just a little hard for him to hear because of his slight hearing loss. He's also afraid of speaking up because he doesn't want to be wrong. Sounds a lot like me!
 |
| Garrett taking a shot. Unfortunately he didn't make any baskets this season but hopefully next year! |
 |
| After Garrett's last game. |
 |
| Charlotte's "toy" during the games was the handrail on the bleachers. |
1 comment:
YAY!!!! So glad your getting back into the habit! It's me and you baby!! lol Garrett did a great job and I thoroughly enjoyed reading his book on Sunday. Such a cute story! AND I loved the spelling!! lol
Post a Comment