Watch out because just like that life flashed before our eyes and our little baby Charlotte turned 2 years old! She is still a ball of fire! Lately her favorite thing to do is to push the kids chair from the art table over to either of the sliding doors, stand on it, and proceed to unlock and open the door. If she knows I'm nearby she'll look at me to see what I do or say. If I smile then she'll slowly make her way out the door. Now that it's spring and the bugs are everywhere she loves playing with the roly polies and ants. So she'll step outside, look around on the ground for a little bit, find a roly poly and bring it inside to show me. She also loves to run outside barefoot and climb on everything! And as much as I hate to admit it, she has become a little couch potato too. She'll sit and watch cartoons when I'm trying to get stuff done and is literally slouched way down on her little pink couch looking like a slug. Once in awhile she'll fall asleep while watching. Some words that she can say are mommy, daddy, no, kitty, doggy, bird, hi, eye, etc. (I can't think of all of them.)
A couple of weeks before Charlotte's birthday we received exciting news that my sister was going to adopt a little boy named Corbin. His birthday is the week before Charlotte's and he turned 3 years old so we decided to combine their birthdays and celebrate with grandparents together. We had everyone come to our house where we had cupcakes and ice cream and then opened presents.
 |
| She's ready to eat that cupcake! |
 |
| Taking out the candles. |
 |
| Family photo before singing happy birthday. We couldn't find Garrett anywhere but luckily Batman was there to fill in for him! |
 |
| The birthday kiddos eating their cupcakes. |
 |
| Opening her baby stroller. |
 |
| Once we had the stroller out she would put any new gift that she opened and that would fit into the stroller and push it around. First it was bubbles, then a stuffed animal duck. |
 |
| Finally she opened the baby doll that was meant for the stroller and she's sporting her new sunglasses! |
 |
| After presents everyone went outside to blow bubbles. I think they both liked getting bubbles as a gift from Gma Vernie and Gpa Tony. |
 |
| And I think she really likes her baby.... |
 |
| so much that she ate breakfast with her baby the next day. For some reason any time we put the baby's clothes on, Charlotte will take them right back off. Silly girl! |
As well as the stroller and baby doll Charlotte received several new clothing outfits from us, sandals from GG & GG, bubbles and an outfit from Gma Vernie and Gpa Tony, and the Butterfield grandparents gave her an electronic learning toy. Following with our family tradition we had to get her a snack. This time it was Cheetos! And Jack also decided to give her one of his old stuffed animals. It was the duck he got for Easter when he was a year old. I washed the duck up prior to gifting it. All in all I think she loves all of her gifts and that this year was a success! Happy birthday miss Char Char!
1 comment:
Great Post! I love that your still posting to a blog! Sure wish everyone did! I miss them!
Post a Comment