This year for Mother's day I woke up to the sounds of Curtis and the kids working in the kitchen to make me breakfast. I'm not going to lie, it was nice to be able to sleep in. We have been having church at home for the past 2 months because of COVID-19 and so we slowly wake up each Sunday and have church when we're ready, which is usually around 12 noon. I think it was around 9:30 or 10am when breakfast was finally ready and I was pretty hungry by then. The kids made me a couple of plate size flower shaped pancakes (which I failed to get a picture of) and some scrambled eggs and grape juice. All of it was delicious! They even went to the trouble to put our nice red table cloth to cover the table and make it look a little fancy.
When breakfast was over I proceeded to go shower and get ready for church. I was mostly ready (just waitiing to for my hair to dry) when I came out to see what everyone was doing. I was pleasantly surprised with all the kids dressed and hair brushed and everything set up for church. On the bar counter was a card, some new flowers for our yard and a decorative calendar made of metal. It is made to flip over each month, day, and day of the week. Once again I failed to get a picture of that yet. Also, on the kitchen table was makings for s'mores, including some Reese's peanut butter cups.
After our church services everyone found quiet spots to relax and read or take a nap. This is unusual for us. Normally the 3 younger kids are running around making lots of noise and we have to continually tell them to quiet down. So this particular Sunday was rather quiet most of the day and it was nice.
The evening was filled with some nice activities: kabobs for dinner made of steak, green peppers, mushrooms, and red onions cooked on the grill outside on our new patio. Then we drove over to the Lake Lowell dam where we parked and walked across the dam and back. Afterwards we played some Uno outside on our picnic table and then we built a fire and ate s'mores. It was a very relaxing and nice Mother's Day.




1 comment:
YAY!~ I'm so happy to see another blogger in the family!! I loved it when we all blogged and I hope you keep it up!!
Post a Comment