Sunday, May 31, 2020

Playhouse Progress

We made a lot of progress this week on the playhouse getting the roof, trim, windows, air vents and door all installed! I found myself learning how to use a table saw and nail gun so that I could help Curtis during the week when my dad wasn't there.  I never thought I would learn to do those things or at least not yet. It was a little scary at first but it didn't take too long to get used to both. I'm glad I was able to learn to use those things during the week so that by Saturday I was able to help things move even quicker when my dad came to help again.

This was Thursday night learning how to cut pieces for the trim around the door.

By Friday we had the door trim on and had hung the door.
Even though we got the door hung it wasn't closing properly. My dad was able to figure out a way to fix it while Curtis was working on the roof Saturday morning. After getting the door fixed I moved on to working on the window trim in the back and my dad worked on installing the windows.

I asked Garrett to take a picture and I thought I said from the side but this is the view he got of me using the nail gun.

He even got this shot, proof that what I was holding was indeed a nail gun. It was heavy!

After I finished the window trim I went up to the roof to help Curtis. It seemed to take forever and both of us had jello feeling legs after we were done, him especially.  Right toward the end of nailing down shingles both Garrett and Jack hopped up there with us so they could hammer in a few of them.

Hanging the door handle.


The view from the back window.

The view from the front window. My grandma dropped by to see the project. I think this was the first time she saw it in person.

The door was built by Curtis's dad and is almost completely done. I just need to spray it with a sealer to protect from the weather. I was able to pre-spray most of the trim boards on Friday while Curtis was working in the office but we did not get the trim around the door sprayed yet either since we installed it on Thursday night.

Here's what the back looks like finished.

And here's the front.

The girls love it! Actually, all of the kids love it.


1 comment:

Laverne said...

It is sure turning out nice!! Can't wait to see the railing and the swings and slide and hammocks!! Pretty cool!!