Sunday, August 2, 2020

Parks and a Party

Last Tuesday we had our 2nd Relief Society Activity since the pandemic and we once again met at Lyons Park. This time it was a heritage night theme and they had a table set up for people to bring a  family heirloom to share. Only 12 people showed up and 5 people brought things to share. I decided to share my Grandpa Hansen's painting that he painted for me when I was 10 years old. When he had asked what I wanted him to paint I told him the "Y" Mountain in Utah because he had taken me and 3  of my brothers two years previous to hike up to it. Everyone enjoyed the painting that I shared. A couple of people even took pictures of it. Unfortunately it somehow got a small hole in it on part of the canvas and I have no idea how it happened (it was there before the activity). It hasn't been hung for almost 2 years because we thought we were going to move 2 years ago but then changed our minds and never put the pictures back up that we had taken down.


Even though it was kind of hot this week the 4 younger kids wanted to go to the park so I drove them over to Lyons Park playground Wednesday morning around lunch time. They had a great time and it felt good to have energy to play with them instead of just sitting to watch them. I got lots of fun pictures so I'm going to share some.











Nikki went to a young women's activity Wednesday night where they played Bunco in the back yard of one of the leaders. Nikki won a prize that included some pink nail polish. She gave the polish to the girls and Alice wanted me to paint her nails right away.




Friday evening we were invited to a Harry Potter party at a friend's house (Chrystal and Matt Hayes). Of all the days it happened to be the hottest day of the year so far. At first they were going to have most things outside, then it changed to do half and half. Ultimately we ended up mostly inside. 

The party was muggle dress code but some wanted to dress up still including Charlotte but this was the best thing we could find for her. 

They got to make a dragon egg made out of foil, air drying clay, and fun decor.


Jack wanted this painted on his forehead instead of an animal.

They did a potions class with Professor Snape and the kids would poor some polyjuice potion into a cup that had a drop of food color in it. They would take their cup over to the face painter who would then change them into an animal according to the color in their cup. Both of our girls had green and became snakes.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

HOW FUN!!! A Harry Potter Party again!! We really need to do another one! It was so fun! Too bad about your picture. Can it be repaired?? Hope so.