Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Butterfield Oregon Coast Trip (Day 2)

Friday morning I woke up early to call the kids at home to make sure that Nikki and Garrett were up because Garrett needed to get to band camp at 8am and Nikki was supposed to drive him. After calling about 5 times and texting both phones I finally had to call my dad and see if they could go over and make sure they were up and getting ready. Garrett was up and making his lunch when they got there but Nikki was still sound asleep. They ended up just driving Garrett to the school for band camp since Nikki was a little sluggish. So thankful they were able to help!

After that there was no going back to sleep. Jeanie, Glen, Amber, Casey, Shauna and John had all gotten up really early and were already gone to go do their crabbing with a chartered service. Steve on the other hand just wanted to rent a boat and do the crabbing on his own. He's already done it before and it was a lot cheaper. He did however want to go with someone and was able to get Ricky and Curtis to go with him. Curtis always wanted to go crabbing but didn't want to go way out on the ocean where he might get sea sick. Unfortunately, Shauna did get sea sick who was with the other group. Steve said they were not going far out. Curtis was worried about leaving me but I told him to go. I ended up going shopping with my in laws, Jenna and Wendy. I picked out a couple of puzzles, some toy butterflies for the girls, two matching keychains of a sand dollar (one for me and one for Nikki), two boxes of seagull poop (breath mints 😂) for the boys and a colorful Oregon bag to carry my stuff in.

Ricky on the left, Steve on the right driving the boat.

Steve let Curtis drive and was pointing the way to go.

The crab got his finger.



They caught quite a few. I think it was 22 in the end.

While I was shopping I had eaten a small cookie and crumbs got caught in my throat and I couldn't stop coughing. I finally had to buy myself a drink. It was passion fruit soda and very good!

Cool painting on the side of a building.


Wendy bought a 2000 piece puzzle when we were at Walmart because she loves puzzles but also so that we could all work on it together. I love puzzles too so I helped a lot. Most of us helped at some point and amazingly we started working on it that afternoon and finished it the next morning!


After everyone got back from crabbing and shopping some of us worked on the puzzle while others prepped crabs and other food for dinner and some played games also. I was not excited to eat crab to be honest because I have eaten imitation crab and didn't like it. I also have tried lobster and wasn't a fan. I must say that real crab is much better than imitation! It was especially good dipped in melted garlic butter. Even though I did like it well enough to eat it that night I did not want to eat any more the remainder of the trip. I had had my fill.

Puzzle on one table and crab dinner on the other. We also had fruit, potatoes and salad to go with the crab. Curtis and I are on the very end of the table close to the door.

We worked late into the night on that puzzle but I finally gave in around midnight. Most everyone else had already gone to bed by then. Wendy and Ricky stayed up a little longer but then were the last ones to go to bed. Wendy swiped about 10-12 puzzle pieces so that nobody would finish the puzzle while she was sleeping. Smart thinking because that totally would have happened! 

And that was the end of Day 2 for our trip!




No comments: