Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Homecoming Weekend

Skyview had their homecoming game and dance last weekend. It started with the game Friday night, which was Garrett's first time performing with the marching band. I didn't go to the game until halfway through the 2nd quarter. Curtis didn't come with me because he was to help Sis. Joyce Cable (same one I get my plums from) with getting shingles put on her roof. They weren't actually nailing them down yet, which is what I thought they were doing. They were just getting all the new packages up on top of the roof, all ready to be put on this week. Curtis said it only took about 30 minutes but instead of coming to the game to watch Garrett perform he went over and helped Barry Cox strip some wire. He's an elderly man in our ward who recycles copper to help bring in some money. Of course I didn't find this out until after the game but he totally could have done all 3 things since he said he finished the roof project around 6:30 and Garrett didn't perform until 8:00. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't think the things his kids do are important enough to make it priority. It's frustrating sometimes. He'll be missing this Friday's game as well to go on a stake campout with Jack and the Deacons. I don't know if he'll come to the competition on Saturday. We'll see I guess.

Anyway, my in laws were there at the game before I got there to watch Garrett and so I sat with them on the far right side of the bleachers. They were subbing for someone at the temple the next day so they left right after the performance. I tried to zoom in for some pics with my phone camera but they turned out a bit blurry. I think I will bring my nice camera to the next game and the competition. I wanted to get a close up picture with him after the performance but that's when everyone went and changed out of their uniforms. So next time I'll get there early and sit on the side by the band, which is on the opposite end of where I was sitting. I did move over there after half time but this being my first time ever going into Skyview's stadium I had no idea where the band was going to be.




I at least got this close shot after the game was over and I was helping him bring his music stuff inside.

The next day on Saturday I started out the day with helping the Relief Society with their turn to clean the church. Then Curtis and I left around 11:45 to go pick up Grandma and Tamara to go to the temple to do a proxy family sealing session at the Meridian Temple. It was a good session and we got a lot of names done so I'm glad we were able to go. Since Dad and Laverne work at this temple Dad was the one who set it up. They work the early shift on Saturday mornings and so we did a 1-3pm sealing session. It was very windy when we came out of the temple. Mom and Dad had already eaten lunch in between sessions but the rest of us were ready for a late lunch. And Mom had to hurry and get back because someone was coming over. The rest of us ended up eating at Chick-fil-A. I ordered chicken soup and mac and cheese. Well, that day was homecoming day for Nikki so we had to rush home to get pictures before they left on their date. Although, they were waiting for Angie and her date to show up so we played a couple rounds of Golf while waiting. Then I got some pictures and they were off to go to Texas Roadhouse to eat dinner.

Nikki wanted to make her own dress and had her Grandma Butterfield (Gaya) help her. She picked out the style and the fabric. I have to say it's so nice to have a daughter who prefers dressing modestly. All of the dresses at the homecoming game when the junior and senior courts were presented were very immodest. Even a girl from our ward who's dad is in the bishopric was one of them. She at least had long sleeves but the dress was very short still. And one nice feature on Nikki's dress is that it has pockets, which she loves!





As soon as they put the sunglasses on I had to get a picture of this pose.

All grown up and looking so nice.

Later that evening we decided to go over to Grandma's to watch the BSU game. We got there late though because we had to feed kids and then bathe the girls. Unfortunately BSU lost this game and it was at home but life goes on.  Nikki's group ended up going back to our house to play video games because they were not having much fun at the dance and it was too crowded. The gym is not available to use right now so they were crowded into the cafeteria. But they enjoyed playing games like Mario Kart at our house so it wasn't a total loss.

No comments: