Friday, October 8, 2021

Birthday Surprise/Field Trip/Football Game

So much has happened over the past few weeks that it's difficult to wrap my mind around it all. It's time to catch up on blogging again.

Back on September 23rd the girls and I decided we wanted to do something special for Grandma Vernie for her birthday that day. So Charlotte made a cute little watermelon shaped card before going to school and instructed me to buy Grandma a watermelon for her birthday because Grandma likes watermelons (her kitchen is decorated in them). We dropped Charlotte off at home and then drove to the store to buy some decorations. Then Alice and I headed over to Grandma's house to do the decorating before she got home. I thought she was at the Rec Center but I guess she was at the temple. We finished just in time because we got a phone call right as we got back home. Grandma Vernie loved it! Mission: accomplished!






On Friday September 24th Alice and I got to go to the MK Nature Center in Boise with her preschool for their first field trip of the year. I haven't visited this place in years so I couldn't remember most of it and I'm sure they have improved things over the years. I do remember that it had something to do with fish though and I was right.

This is where we sat to wait for everyone to show up and begin. We met at 9:30am.

There are hieroglyphs or pictures marked on the rock she's standing by on the trail we were walking.

They built a huge Eagle's nest for kids to climb in.


Along the path there are windows where you can view fish and other creatures. She's pointing at a crawdad.

Whooo is that? It's my little owl, Alice!

Inside their visitors center they had this beehive with live bees in it!

And lots of taxidermy mounts (real stuffed animals). Watch out for the mountain lion and bear!

Uh oh! Look what's behind us!

It was a fun trip that only lasted about an hour. Then Alice and I ate our packed lunches in the car. Actually, I ate my apple because I forgot to pack my salad dressing for my salad. I had to wait and eat that at home. However, we didn't go straight home. We went to WinCo to do some grocery shopping on the way home. 

Alice is sure loving preschool and our next field trip will be at the end of October to go to the Farmstead to pick a pumpkin. Funny enough, our family is going to the Farmstead tomorrow for a family activity. I have never been there so I don't know how it differs from Linder Farms where we usually go.

Well, that very same day that we had that first field trip was also a night where Garrett had another football game band performance. Curtis took Jack on a camping trip and Nikki was at work, so I took the girls with me to go watch their brother. I'm so glad I did because they had so much fun, especially Charlotte. We again got there in the middle of the 2nd quarter but I don't think they would have lasted an entire game. This time we sat by the band and could see Garrett down on the track performing with the band in the 1st half. The girls wanted to sit as high up as we could so we sat at the very top of the section we were in. Later on I bought the girls soda and popcorn and they loved it!


Skyview got brand new uniforms this year. They look so good! Garrett doesn't wear a hat because he's in the "pit crew" where they look down a lot so they don't want the hats falling off their heads.


And they got their band t-shirts.

Enjoying some popcorn.

And a swig of root beer!


It was so fun to watch how excited Charlotte would get. She even found one of her friends from school there and went to play with her in the side field by the bleachers. Our football team didn't do very well but we had fun anyway. Then the girls were happy to help Garrett wheel his drum back to the band room afterwards.

Skyview's last football game is tonight and I plan on taking them again as long as it doesn't rain. There are chances of rain throughout the day today. And it's about 20 degrees or so cooler than it was at the last game. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: