On a happier note, last week Charlotte finally picked all of her cantaloupes she was growing. Unfortunately we were only able to eat one as the rest had gone bad before we could get to them. Not bad for our first try though! I'm not a fan of cantaloupe so I didn't eat any but Charlotte, Garrett and I think Curtis enjoyed eating it, well definitely Charlotte enjoyed eating it!
I also realized I forgot to mention anything about my great Uncle Bob passing away on September 28th. His funeral was last Tuesday Oct 5th at the Canyon Bldg. It's amazing the difference in the two types of deaths. His death was expected and he had lived a good long life. He was nearly 93 years old and ready to go Home. There weren't very many tears at his funeral because we know where he is and now Joyce can relax. It was such a burden on her to take care of him. She is so small and frail. On the day that he passed he was given a blessing to be released from this mortal life. He passed away about 30 minutes later. What a blessing to have the priesthood and gospel in our lives. I only wish more people like my neighbors would be willing to accept it. All we can do is love and serve them, as Jesus would.
Here are a few fun pictures from last week.
![]() |
| Alice fell asleep with stickers she had placed all over her face. It was pretty cute! |
![]() |
| Alice enjoying one of the plum popsicles. Charlotte finally finished them off yesterday. |
![]() |
| Never buying this style again unless it's made by a reputable company. |
![]() |
| Thursday night the band needed help painting backdrops. I was able to get Nikki to come help. Her art teacher was the one in charge. |
Last Saturday we attempted to go to the Farmstead for a family activity. It was jammed packed with people! So many cars that we were backed up on Eagle Rd! We decided it wouldn't be worth it and ended up just going to Smoky Mountain Pizza for dinner instead. The boys both had a friend come with and one of them got car sick. He started to get nauseated when driving out to Kuna but the pizza place was over in Meridian. Just as we were about to pull in to the pizza place I grabbed the trash bag since it was the only available bag and passed it back just in time for him to puke into it. Poor kid. We parked quickly and got him out of the van as fast as we could so he could get some air. There was a little that leaked from the bag that I had to clean up but we caught most of it. He was able to eat after that and made it to our house just fine. We just hung out at home after dinner and the boys played video games with their friends and watched a show. Garrett and his friend Ryan went to the stake dance. It was the first time for Ryan and he was nervous since it was his first time. He's a lot like Garrett in their personalities so they get along great. I love that he finally has a new friend! Ryan ended up having a great time but we didn't actually hear about it until the next day because they were both exhausted on the ride home from the dance. They both brought home a half a dozen donuts from the dance too so that was a bonus. I have a feeling he'll want to go to the next dance also. Garrett will have a competition again that day but we'll see what happens.









2 comments:
Charlotte's cantaloupe look pretty good! I'm glad she enjoyed them!!
I'm glad Nikki helped with the art backdrop!! That gonna be cool!
Post a Comment