Moving is so exhausting! Every time I turned around I had more things I needed to pack. I was trying to get packed as much as possible before the truck loaders came but I didn't get as much as I wanted done. We were afraid that we wouldn't have room for the kid's mattresses in the truck and since they were all old anyway, we decided to throw them out and buy new ones when we get there. The kids slept on the floor (or blankets) for one night while we still had our mattress on the floor.
 |
| Never ending boxing! |
 |
| The night before loading the truck. The next morning Curtis took the mattresses to the dump. |
 |
| With my laundry basket out of the way in my closet, Sage found a nice cozy spot. |
I was so glad that Mom and Dad stopped by a few days before the move to wish me happy birthday. They gave me a beautiful necklace and bracelet set. It came with earrings as well, but I don't wear earrings, so not sure what to do with them at the moment. I was sad that I wouldn't be in Nampa for my birthday so this definitely helped me feel better about that!
 |
|
I was so grateful that my in laws came to help with things on Friday. Curtis's dad helped him pick up the truck and trailer while his mom helped me with packing. We're also so thankful that Curtis's work is paying for moving expenses and that we were able to hire a couple of guys to load the truck. It was so worth it! They did awesome and we had room to spare, loading it in about 3 hours I think. We had scheduled them for 4 hours. I guess we could have kept those mattresses after all. Oh well, I still wanted new ones anyway. After school was out and the truck was packed, we had some friends stop by to see us that had forgotten about the open house. We're excited because these friends might follow us to Kennewick some day since the husband is from Kennewick and wants to get back there. They have been thinking about it longer than we have. He's just waiting for the right position to open up for coaching and teaching at the high school. They told us that they visit Kennewick every summer, so they will definitely come to see us. His friend who was at the Harry Potter party that they always visit, lives very close to us, so it will be easy. Can't wait to have visitors!
 |
| Matt and Chrystal Hayes - friends from 37th ward. They're currently in my sister Melissa's ward. |
 |
| Charlotte, Elie, Titus, Alice |
We went out to dinner at Smoky Mountain Pizza using the gift card we received for Christmas from my parents. Right after we got back, some more friends came to see us. The Wallace family who were one of our old neighbors. I'm so glad we got to see both of these friends before we left!
 |
Back Row: Luke, Jim, Ashlie, Lilly, Tyler, Jack, me, Curtis, Garrett Front row: Alice, Sydney, Charlotte |
 |
| Jack's friend Porter happened to be there so I had him take our picture. |
We visited with the Wallace's for awhile but Curtis dropped Garrett off at a farewell party that the Priest quorum threw for him. I thought that was so nice of them to do that. We're so grateful for good friends and hope to find good friends in Kennewick as well!
 |
| Cocoa found a bed in our closet the night before moving. So cute! |
 |
| Moving day has finally arrived! (Saturday, January 14th) |
 |
| Goodbye Idaho 😢 |
 |
| Saying good bye to my in laws. We wanted to leave at 7am but didn't make it out until 8am. Gaya made us some sandwiches for the road. With Curtis driving the moving truck, that left me to drive his truck and pull the van. I was a bit nervous but it turned out fine. It got a little wobbly at times on the freeway and scared me but I learned to control the moving and make it smoother. |
 |
| Boys rode in the moving van. Garrett, Jack, Curtis |
 |
| The girls and cats rode in the truck with me. The cats meowed sometimes but handled it pretty well. |
 |
| Proof that I'm driving the truck! |
 |
| Halfway on our trip we had a pit stop and let the cats roam in the truck out of their carriers. That made them much less scared. |
 |
| Back in their carriers and ready to ride! However, Charlotte let Sage out of her carrier for the last hour or so of the ride and Sage did just fine. She would sit on the girls laps and sleep. More importantly, she stayed in the back. I was worried about cats coming up front where I was driving. I didn't trust Cocoa though. |
We made it to Kennewick a little after noon. The weather couldn't have been much better. For months I had been praying that we would have good weather for our move because we're moving in the middle of winter and will be going over some mountains. Our prayers were definitely answered! The roads were a little wet first thing in the morning but soon dried up. We had a little fog in a couple of places but other than that, no rain or snow to worry about and clear roads. It was smooth sailing. If we had gone a week later (like I had wanted) it would have been a different story. I heard that Nampa got several inches of snow. Who knows what it would have been like on the mountains. We certainly left when we were supposed to.
When we got there, we unloaded some stuff and made room in the back of the moving van for our new refrigerator and dishwasher. The unloaders were scheduled to come at 2pm to unload the moving van. We drove over to Lowe's to pick up the appliances, even called them on the way, but it took about 45 minutes to get our stuff outside. We didn't get back until about 2:10pm and the movers were already there waiting. They did a great job also. They even helped put couches together after moving them inside. The biggest pain was getting the refrigerator moved inside. We couldn't take it through the front door because the rocks from the chimney were sticking out too far. We took it up the back deck and through a sliding door but Curtis had to take the doors off of the fridge first for it to fit. He had to cut the water hose line to the fridge and later buy some parts to connect it again. What a headache but we got it in! It also started to rain right as we were finishing unloading the truck. Perfect timing!
There's lots of work to be done on this house before we can fully move in but we made it and I love the view!
 |
| Home sweet home. |
 |
| The view out the back yard through the kitchen window. I love it! |
 |
| This is basically the front view and you can see the school Jack will be attending. Lots of space for parking for visitors! |
 |
| The view out the kitchen window at night. We get to see city lights! Again, I love it! |
1 comment:
I love it!! SO grateful for answered prayers. I worried about the weather too but the Lord took care of you all. I love that you are so brave and pulled the Van! You amaze me!! I'd have been scared spitless! Your fearless! I thought it was funny when you said the picture proved that you pulled the Van! lol Great post!! Can't wait to see more!!
Post a Comment