Friday, January 27, 2023

Our New Old Home

Normally, I don't like having church at a late time but the day after we moved in I was SO thankful that we have 1:30pm church. There are 4 wards in our building. Our ward is called the Highlands Ward. Pasco has numbered wards but over here they are names. Even though church started at 1:30, we still managed to be a little late. So of course we walk in and sat in the back, so a lot of people noticed. As soon as the meeting was over, we had multiple people come right over to get our information and introduce themselves. Within minutes we had our records pulled over to the new ward, thanks to technology. Charlotte didn't want to go to Primary that day but I took her anyway. She has a good size class with very nice teachers and although she didn't say it, I think she's glad she stayed. We had a very warm welcome! And the building is a little familiar because it looks just like the Deerflat Stake Center back in Nampa. This building is also a stake center.

Well, I decided to get some of my own pictures of the house. Since we'll be fixing it up I need to have some before pictures.

Living room with a big front window view. These brown floors are the only floors we're going to keep the same since they look relatively new and nice. It covers the living room, dining room and upstairs hallway.

Dining room.

Upstairs hallway (with a mirror on the end).

Master bedroom. We just moved in...don't judge. 😂

The girls' temporary room across the hall from our room, which will become part of the new master bedroom when we're finished remodeling.

Garrett's room/guest bedroom. For now, both of the boys are sharing it while we fix up the downstairs first. Garrett will have a queen size bed eventually, so when we have guests, they can stay in his room while he goes down to share with Jack on the bunk bed.

View from the deck in the back yard.

Our swimming pool. I love that we have a flagpole also.

Looking down at the front door. Those are the rocks that were in the way of the fridge so we couldn't bring it this way.

Downstairs in the family room.

Other view of the family room.

Downstairs hallway. When the boys came New Year's weekend, they already pulled some carpet (where Charlotte is standing and in the bedrooms downstairs) because of flooding in the basement.

Closet under the stairs. Nope, I don't see Harry Potter down there. Ha ha!

Our laundry and utility room.

The steps leading out of the utility room to the back yard. This is where the water pooled up to cause the flooding.

Downstairs bathroom. We need more lights!

Downstairs bathroom again. We have since removed all of the shells glued to the walls.

This will be the girl's room when we're finished.

They have a bigger closet than we do! I like that they'll have a little wall to put stuffed animals and toys on. It's a good size room also.

This will be Jack's room. It's the biggest of the bedrooms right now. You can kind of see two closets on the right.

Then there's a 3rd closet by the entrance. I want to put the board games and maybe food items in there.

Curtis was working on hooking up the water line to the fridge.

Now installing the dishwasher. It's nice to have a handy man!

We have a lot of work to do to fix up this house (that was built in 1976) but it will be fun to work on it together and we can't wait to see what it will look like afterwards!

The sliding door in the kitchen has a doggie door. We're trying to teach the cats how to use it. Sage wanted that wet food but she didn't want to go through the door. 😂 It's a nice heavy one that has a magnet on the bottom.

I spent most of Monday (the 16th) setting up the kitchen. We don't have a pantry so we had to improvise with our can holder on top of the hutch and cabinet for other pantry food.

Thank goodness we had this cabinet. 

Ah, looks much better without all of the boxes!


1 comment:

Laverne said...

AWESOME!!!~ It's so fun to see what your doing! I'm excited to see the after pictures! It's gonna be a beautiful home!!