Thursday, February 2, 2023

My 40th Birthday

My 40th birthday was fairly uneventful and I didn't do much during the day. If I remember right, I think I slept in that morning because I didn't sleep well or something. Alice was the first one to tell me happy birthday in the morning. She's such a sweet heart. Curtis said he was first because he emailed me earlier. I said that didn't count. She beat him saying it in person. At the time, he was still working at home in the basement so I said there's no excuse. 😆

I did get a surprise delivery from my in-laws for some Crumbl Cookies in the morning also. It was my first time getting any of these cookies. I have only tasted it from when Jeanie had some for her birthday last year. I decided to save them for my birthday "cake" later that evening.

It says "Deedra we love you so much. Since your so busy I thought this could take place of your Birthday cake. Enjoy! You don't have to but you can share." 


They were delicious!


During the day, we put the boys to work on ripping off old trim in the basement. They love tearing things up and we're trying to keep them busy while they don't have school. Not to mention, we want to fix up our house as quickly as possible.



Curtis bought me date night challenge cards for one of my gifts. We don't know what the date will be until we scratch it off to see what's under. We used the first one for our dinner date that night. The first card said to go to your favorite fast food restaurant and order everything off of the dollar menu. Our first thought was, who has dollar menus anymore??? After some searching online we found that Taco Bell was probably our best bet. Things were over a dollar on their dollar menu but they were still inexpensive. 

The card gives you an idea of what it's about. This one says "Travel" and "Grub". So we know we'll have to go somewhere for food. It also says we'll spend about $20-$30 and 1-2 hours of time.

That's a lot of food!

We only ordered one of each thing and split it. We even shared our drink.

Whew, about halfway through all that food!

We ate all of it except the last bag of cinnamon twists. (There were two)

It said we would spend between $20-$30 and that's exactly right! Not too bad. Of course, the more expensive things did taste better.

After stuffing ourselves, we went back home to celebrate my birthday with the kids. It was the first birthday celebration in our new house.




I was able to use my phone tripod I received from Christmas to take our family picture.




I got some chocolates (with nuts) and a Dominoes game.

Alice wanted to give me something, so she went to her room and found puppets she made at school to give to me.

I'm wearing my new necklace and bracelet set. (Given to me the previous week from Laverne and Dad)

The Dominoes game came with 4 trains but was technically for a different type of game. We used them to play Mexican Train since we already knew how to play it.


It might not have been the 40th birthday I had thought I might get (thinking about it the last couple of years). No black balloons or "Over the Hill" banners and no friends or big surprises but it was a good birthday, just our little family (minus Nikki). I do consider all of the open houses we had before our move as part of my birthday party, they just didn't know it. 😉

There was one present that Curtis had ordered and it came after my birthday. We just finished putting it together last night.

Curtis took this picture on our Oregon Coast trip last summer. There is a lighthouse in the background.

It was obviously a custom ordered puzzle. Curtis wanted me to have a picture of my grandma to remember her by since we live farther away now. He also knows I love to do puzzles. It didn't say how big it was but we calculated it afterwards to be 300 pieces. The pieces are made out of wood, so that was nice but I did have to glue one piece back together that broke. This puzzle was more difficult to put together than I thought it would be but we did it and it was fun! Here's to many more birthdays in this house!

1 comment:

Laverne said...

Awesome post!! Loved reading about your birthday. The puzzle of Gramma is so cool. Good memories! It was a fun trip!!