Last weekend I finally took the girls to go check out our local mall in Kennewick. It's a nice little mall and plenty busy. It reminded me of the Boise Town Square except only one level and a bit smaller. There were lots of the same stores and a food court. The girls really wanted to make a Build A Bear stuffed animal but I said maybe on their next birthday. However, I gave in when they found these cute balloons that they could walk around like pets. They loved them! We also dropped by to see my old friend from Nampa that I hadn't seen in about 13 years. It was so good to see her and to meet some of her friends that she works with. We visited for quite awhile and since she works at Kay Jewelers, I had her clean my wedding ring while we were there. We have tried to get together a couple of times over the past few months but it always fell through so I talked to her about trying again for Sunday after church. She just needed to talk to her hubby first. After we finished our visit, the girls and I stopped in the Children's Place store where I bought them some clothes and jewelry. Yep, we were splurging today. But how often do we go shopping at the mall? Rarely! It's okay to splurge once in awhile ๐
 |
| Charlotte got a dog and Alice got a unicorn. These helped keep the girls preoccupied while I visited with my friend, Shannon. |
 |
| We didn't have quarters for them to ride the toys but they sat in them anyway. |
 |
| Alice with her unicorn. |
 |
| Charlotte with her "fire" dog. |
 |
| Alice wearing her new sandals, shirt, necklace and bracelet we bought at the mall. We had to make a 2nd trip to the mall to replace the necklace though because the rainbow charm broke. Fortunately, they had one more left that we were able to exchange it with. She was one happy girl. Every shirt she picked out had unicorns. |
Well, we finally made it happen! We got together with my friend Shannon and her family on Sunday after church at their place. I should have gotten a picture with her but I didn't. Next time! But we did get one with the girls and Shannon's dog. It was a nice afternoon and evening. We ate dinner together where the men grilled up hot dogs, brats and hamburgers. We visited for awhile and then some of us played a couple of games. Curtis ended up out in the garage with Doug showing him his rifles and guns. I think Curtis has found a new friend too because they just hit it off. They also found out that they work really close to each other so they might go out to lunch occasionally. Their family has a Garrett also who is 19 years old and then their daughter is 16 years old. She's a pretty girl with red hair. Our Garrett likes her and we plan on trying to get them together with some of her friends to hang out some time. He can hardly wait ๐ They also have twin boys that are almost 12 years old. We had so much fun visiting with their family. I told them we would have to invite them over for a pool party some time.
 |
| The girls loved playing with the dog. |
Curtis and I worked most of the day on Memorial Day. I did a bunch of yard work while he did plumbing in our master bedroom. We finally quit a little before 5:00 and decided we should do something fun with the kids. So we quickly changed, gathered them up, and went to McDonald's for dinner and then over to the theater to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I was surprised and pleased to see the type of seats our theater has as this was our first time to this theater. Recliners with little tables! It was so comfortable. The movie was good but we didn't like it as much as my brother Stillman did.
 |
| I wouldn't normally wear a hat and ponytail to watch a movie at the theater but there was no time to shower first. I did have to pull my hair down during the movie though because it wasn't comfortable. |
The very next day Charlotte had her class field trip and I joined her. There wasn't enough room on the bus so I drove separately to meet them at the Reach Museum in Richland, which was right by the river. It's a nice museum that has stuff about the different wild life in this area and also how Tri Cities was connected to World War 2. There wasn't enough time to really read about everything, so we'll have to go again. Charlotte was telling Alice about it later and wants to go back with Alice.
 |
| They had a fun activity learning about lots of different fish that can be found in the river. |
 |
| In the same room I discovered this art piano. It looks so cool! |
 |
| The sign says it was dedicated to a principal/teacher from Richland school district. |
After the museum we drove over to a nice park that has a huge playground that was designed for the Tri-Cities. The park we ate lunch at is called "The Playground of Dreams". I should have taken more pictures. They had a light house, boat, train station, and lots of other things related to the area.
 |
| Here's the train and they have a little ticket booth behind it (the green thing). It was such a fun looking playground. Will get more pictures some other time when I can take both girls there. |
It's been a fun weekend and week so far with all of these activities. And Garrett's therapy appointment went well yesterday. The therapist gave him some things to work on. I'm not sure what that is but I figured it was probably just between the two of them but maybe it's better if I don't know? I just hope it helps! His next appointment is in a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment