Alice and Charlotte both continue to improve as they play their t-ball and softball games. It's fun seeing how much they have improved from the last time they played two years ago in Nampa. I hope they continue to keep playing.
 |
| Alice waiting in the outfield. |
 |
| Charlotte up to bat. This game was a tough one as many of the players were gone due to musical performances at their schools. Our team only made 2 or 3 runs while the other team had at least 15. |
I decided that it would be a good time to take these girls out to ice cream at DQ after Charlotte's game on Thursday (the 1st of June).
 |
| Charlotte got a large vanilla cone. And yes, she ate it all! |
 |
| Alice got a rainbow shake. She only ate about 1/2 of it. |
Part of last Friday and all of last Saturday I spent time doing more yard work and finally got the area under the pine trees cleared out. I filled 7 big black bags with pine needles, pine cones, and weeds. After working on that all day Saturday, I was happy to get to cool off and clean off in the pool with the girls.
 |
| Here's what it looked like back in the middle of April. They had some sort of wooden gazebo in the middle that had fallen over. I ended up removing all of that. |
 |
| This was what I worked on Friday. At first I was just focusing on grabbing the pine needles and pine cones and any tall weeds. |
 |
| This was on Friday also. I had already pulled out a bunch of tall weeds that had been growing. |
 |
| Saturday I cleared the rest out. There is only one small bush that I left. All of the other growth I wasn't sure what might be weed and what might be flower, so I figured it would be better to just pull it all out and start over. |
 |
| I'm not sure that I will keep those smaller rocks there in front of the big ones but I left them for now. Ah, now we can hang up our hammocks and it enjoy this part of the yard. |
 |
| Now to think of ideas on what to do with this space. Maybe plant some flowers or bushes? Maybe add some stones in the dirt to walk on up to the hammocks? We haven't hung the hammocks yet but hoping to soon. |
After I had worked in the yard for part of the day on Friday, I had to quit and get cleaned up so I could take the girls to their school carnival. They had lots of fun games inside and outside of the building.
 |
| They started out the carnival by decorating their goodie bags. The bags were used to hold any of their prizes and goodies they got at the carnival. |
 |
| Playing hungry hippos. I thought I was going to have to push both girls around but Charlotte ended up just pushing Alice and was satisfied with that. |
 |
| One teacher set up this little golf putting game where he built a box robot and made it so some of the parts were moving like a real robot. It was cool! |
 |
| The girls got colorful hair extensions. They had to take out their braids to be able to put them in. |
 |
| She got one on both sides. Colorful strands of ribbon basically that are clipped on with a bead. |
 |
| She's the one that really wanted to have it done, so she's a happy girl. It's hard to see the extensions in the picture though. One on each side like Charlotte. |
 |
| Inflatable horse racing. |
 |
| Adding some more color to their hair. |
 |
| Pig racing...with electronic pigs! |
 |
| Getting fun balloons, a dog and a butterfly. |
The boys were gone that night, or at least part of the night. Jack was gone on a band trip to Silverwood overnight. Curtis and Garrett went on a church campout. Garrett decided he was really not happy about all of the bugs and had Curtis bring him back home. Fortunately they were only 30 minutes away. The girls were disappointed to see Dad bring Garrett back because it was supposed to be a "girl's night". Garrett just went downstairs and played his video game so we didn't really see him and Curtis went back to the campout.
Last Saturday Alice lost her first tooth when she was eating an apple. We didn't even know it was loose and she didn't realize when it came out, so she must have swallowed it! She was happy and we discovered that the tooth next to it is loose as well and the Tooth Fairy still came even though there was no tooth to put under the pillow.
1 comment:
The yard is looking great! It will be awesome to get the hammocks up. The girls look like they really enjoyed the carnival. Love the pictures!! Have fun on your trip to Utah this coming weekend!
Post a Comment