Last week Alice had a fun school assignment about her favorite hat. They wrote a poem about their favorite hat, but if they didn't have one, then they could make a hat. Alice has some hats but she wanted to make her own and of course it had to be a unicorn with wings, which is also called an alicorn. I found a simple tutorial on how to make one out of paper. It took me awhile though to figure out how to curl up the paper the right way, but I finally got it. Charlotte wanted to make one as well, so she was right there with me making her own. Alice then got to wear her hat at school last Friday.
![]() |
| We stayed up late to make these even though she had an extra day we could have worked on it. She was just too excited and wanted to finish it that night (last Wednesday). |
Friday night was Jack's 2nd football game band performance and this time Curtis and the girls came along. I didn't volunteer to do anything this time so we did pay to get in, but I could at least sit with Curtis and the girls. Unfortunately, there were some teenagers behind us using a lot of bad language. After half time, we got up and moved. Charlotte saw some kids with pom poms and really wanted one for her and Alice. One of the kids gave her one and then after the game was over they found some in the stands that people left behind. They each had two and had so much fun doing some cheers.
![]() |
| Jack is right in front on the 40 yd line in this shot. |
![]() |
| Alice was having fun on the hand rail. I zoomed in to get this picture because she was down low. There were other kids playing on them too so I decided not to worry about it. |
![]() |
| The girls came up with their own cheers as we were waiting for Jack to finish up with the band after the game. They are excited to go to the next game with their pom poms! |
I also bought myself some Southridge shirts while at the game because I wanted to show support for Jack and the band. I was wearing my Skyview band parent shirt to this game but next time I'll get to wear one of my new shirts. Their school colors are blue and yellow.
The next morning was our ward's super Saturday activity. I had to be there at 8am to help set up and bring a bunch of stuff with me. Thank goodness I had a wagon to use or I would have made multiple trips out to the van! We did not have a huge turn out. At one point I counted 21 but it was still a good time for those who did come. There were multiple other events going on the same weekend.
![]() |
| We had a baked potato bar for our luncheon in the young women's room, right next to the kitchen. |
![]() |
| Some of the delicious pumpkin dessert items! I made the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin bread. |
![]() |
| Here are two of the ornaments that I made. They are really easy. I made a pumpkin also but forgot to get a picture. (I forgot to rotate the picture before adding it also, so it's sideways.) |
![]() |
| We had the option to make either a Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas gnome. The girls wanted me to make a Halloween one so I did. It turned out pretty cute. |
While I was at the activity, the boys were at home ripping up our old flooring in the kitchen and the hall bathroom, getting ready for new floors this week.
Later that same day we went and picked out a spray paint to update our brass chandelier. We don't like the brass so it was either buy a new one, or paint the old one. It was a lot cheaper to paint the old one so we decided to try it. Charlotte helped a little by wiping dust off of the screws and stuffing paper towels in the sockets.
![]() |
| Curtis set it all up on the deck. |
![]() |
| It was dark by the time I finished so we got a picture of it hanging up in it's place. There are 3 light bulbs that need replacing though. |
Even though it was late, Curtis didn't want to wait to hang up the chandelier. It was painted a shining armor satin color. We are pretty happy with how it turned out.
Just when I thought our van problems might be over with the installment of a used star connector (for testing), our light turned on again Sunday morning. The van sliding door wouldn't operate either and so I'm not sure if they are connected but the van didn't tell me any other messages. The door now works again (this is something that has happened since shortly after buying the van) but the light continues to come on with no other messages. Maybe it just needs a brand new star connector instead of a used one. I don't know. The van works fine even though the light is on so I'll keep driving it and see what happens.
Alice was chosen to be "Camper of the Week" in her class, which means that she got to pick out some favorite items and bring them to school as well as fill out a big poster about herself. Each day at school this week she gets to tell about a different item. One thing was her favorite outfit, so she wore that on Monday.
![]() |
| She loves alicorns, which are on her favorite shirt. |
Tuesday was mowing day and since the boys are busy with school and Jack with band, Charlotte wanted to help me mow this week. We did some with the push mower and then with the riding mower. Alice wanted a turn also on the riding mower so I gave both girls a turn. Technically, we're not supposed to have two people on it but we did it anyway and it was fun for all of us.
Lots of stuff going on this week and we're excited for our new floors to be installed, FINALLY!!!!!


















1 comment:
The hats are adorable!! They look so cute as cheer leaders too. I wish we would have a Super Saturday . Those items are all so cute!! I can't wait to see the house. You guys have done SO MUCH! the chandelier is beautiful. It turned out really nice.
Post a Comment