Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Garrett's 17th Birthday

My computer is starting to act up again but in a slightly different way. The screen keeps flashing white and purple vertical lines and it seems the longer I'm using the computer the more it flashes. I made sure I copied all of my pictures from the last year to my external hard drive last week. Now I'm going to try doing a blog post and see how it goes.

Two weeks ago, was exciting as we got our new bed set up and new curtains hung, as well as Garrett's birthday! I didn't initially want to go with blue and silver, but we didn't have much to choose from the night we were looking at Walmart. I'm actually really liking it now. I found the curtains on Amazon, and they were delivered on the 29th (Garrett's birthday). Sage was a good model for my picture. We also got some nice nightstands that have USB connections for charging. The only problem is that our phone chargers have a C connection on both ends so we can't use them unless we find a different cord. For now, we charge them in our closet on the shelves since there's an outlet there.

 


My in-laws were planning on coming to visit the weekend of Garrett's birthday and general conference, from Thursday to Monday, but my father-in-law started to get a sinus infection. They went to the quick care, and he tested positive for Covid. Unfortunately, that means neither of them could come since they both needed to quarantine for a few days. We were really bummed and now we're not sure they'll make it over here until next year. It stinks having to worry about driving over the Blue mountains. 

Friday the 29th was Garrett's 17th birthday and I told him he could invite some friends over, so he invited his two guy friends from our ward (Connor and Dallin) and two girl friends (meaning just friends 😉). One he met in band last semester (Emily) and the other is our friend's daughter (London). I'm so glad I let him invite friends over, especially since his grandparents couldn't come. They ate food and visited. We waited for Jack to come back from band practice (sectionals) and then sang and opened presents. Garrett took his friends and Jack downstairs to play video games. I think they had fun but the girls ended up leaving earlier than the boys. I wish Garrett would have played a board game with them instead of just video games, but I left it up to him what they were going to do. I'm not sure if the girls got bored and decided they wanted to leave or if that was because of parents. Either way, it was fun to have them over.

He chose to have the apple cider cinnamon donut cake again. He must really like it because I think this is the 3rd year in a row that he's had it for his birthday.



Garrett patiently waiting for Charlotte to light the candles. It was her first time doing it.

He's having a little fun in his "old" age. (swapping the number candles)

He loves this show (as do I) and really wanted it on dvd. It's the complete series of Full House. We had previously borrowed it from Tamara, so that's how he knew he wanted it.

A Legend of Zelda hoodie.

Hawaiian shirt because he likes wearing them. Jack does too actually.

The new Percy Jackson book that came out the week of his birthday.

The traditional birthday snack. Jack suggested to get root beer, so I did.

Garrett and his friends - London, Emily, him, Dallin, Jack, Connor


No comments: