Thursday, October 19, 2023

Illnesses and Tile

Well, the kids have been feeling well enough to go to school this week, but Alice still has a cough. On Monday it sounded very dry, but it now sounds wet and productive the last two days, and she's been coughing less, so hopefully it will continue to get better. We tried cough medicine the first couple of days but that didn't seem to help. I also remembered that I have a Vapo stick that I use to rub on her chest, neck and back. We've been using it every day. She also had to use the nebulizer a couple of times when she was coughing so bad. The last two nights I have had her take a bath and soak in the water. While she soaks, I sit on a chair and help her with her reading homework.

Curtis and Garrett both started having stomach issues last night. Garrett's stomach just hurts but Curtis had some diarrhea. Curtis feels better today. Garrett's stomach still hurt this morning, but he did go to school. Garrett's next orthodontist appointment is tomorrow morning in Nampa. Now I'm not sure if we'll need to cancel it. This is so frustrating having to travel so far for his appointments and having to cancel because of stuff like this. I'm praying that his stomach will feel better today so that we can still make the trip tonight and get that appointment done tomorrow.

Yesterday Charlotte helped me trim some bushes and rake leaves but I think it might have caused her to get a little stuffy and her throat hurt a bit this morning and before she left for school she had a croaky voice. I think the toast and cider she had for breakfast helped soothe her throat. She still felt good enough to go to school. 

Even if we do make the appointment tomorrow for Garrett, it's going to be a very short trip because Jack's last performance for a football game is tomorrow night, so we'll be trying to get back for that. Then Jack has another band competition early Saturday morning in Yakima. Busy weekend!

Well, on a different note, Curtis has finished hanging the tile in our bathroom but now has to do the grout, which is time consuming. It dries quickly and so he can only do a small section at a time because he has to make sure he cleans up any on the tile. Curtis took the first 6 pictures and sent them to me. I don't know why they look smaller than mine (the last picture).

Cleaned up and ready for grout.



I was helping wipe down the tiles to get ready for grouting.



Starting the grout.

Alice brought home this little monster that she had designed and a student from the high school made for her. She drew and colored the way she wanted it to look on paper and then it was given to the high school student as a pattern. What a neat idea! I didn't get a picture of her with it because she wasn't feeling good the day she brought it home, but here it is.

She named it Melody.


No comments: