Thursday, February 29, 2024

Getting Out

Last Friday morning after Curtis took off for work and dropped the boys off to school, he called me and said we should do something fun with the kids that night and get them out of the house. He had heard about a mini golf glow in the dark place. It was a little expensive to take our whole family but we decided it would be worth it to do something fun as a family and break up the usual movie/video game weekend. Well, we still watched movies afterwards but at least we got out of the house. Even Garrett seemed to enjoy himself. It was nice to have something to look forward to throughout the day. Curtis also said we should make something for dinner together as a family and to ask the kids what they wanted to do. The kids decided on French toast for dinner. I added in bacon, hashbrowns, and orange juice. Garrett made the syrup. Jack cooked the bacon and helped Alice make the juice. Curtis did the hashbrowns and Charlotte helped me with the French toast. It was fun having everyone help out. After we finished eating and cleaning up, we took off to go play some golf.






We were keeping track of scores, but I don't even know what score I ended up with. Some holes I played well and some I didn't, so I don't really know how I did but I don't really care about the score anyway. 

Like I said, we still came home and watched movies afterwards. Garrett, the girls and I went downstairs to watch Sing 2. We like both of the Sing movies, but we like Sing 2 better. For the last couple of weeks, I have been waking the girls up to songs from those movies and they love it. We love listening to the songs. Curtis and Jack watched either James Bond or Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't remember. 

Saturday morning, the boys did chores in order to get ready to play D&D with their friends again and we took the girls and Milo for a ride in the truck to the park. It was the longest ride he's been on and he wasn't scared this time. Of course, this time he was riding in the truck with the girls instead of in the kennel in the back. He loved it and so did the girls. He was a bit nervous going to the park though when he saw other people. We need to get him out more and get him socialized. Curtis walked around with him while the girls played and I watched them. 

He was in the middle of a big yawn.




After our outing at the park, Charlotte started coughing a lot on the way home. This keeps happening any time she runs around while she still has a little cough. It will seem like she's better and then she runs and plays and her cough acts up. I had to get her on the nebulizer when we got home and just let her watch tv for awhile so she could rest and relax the cough. Later she was feeling better and I took her out shopping to try and find her a new dress that she will actually like. She's very picky about dresses and doesn't like very many of them. Her criteria were that it needed a high neckline, short sleeves, stretchy material, long length and she was hoping for it to be yellow. I was disappointed in what we found or should I say, didn't find at Ross and Burlington. There was only one dress that she was willing to try on and because there was elastic on the sleeves, she didn't like that. The next day I decided to look online to see what I could find. I really want her to have a dress she likes and the one red dress that she's willing to wear right now is all she has worn for the last year and it's not going to fit her much longer. Fortunately, I found exactly what she is looking for on Amazon. It was even yellow and has pockets! I just hope the size I ordered is the right size. She is a bit overweight and short for her age. The dress is due to arrive next Monday, so crossing our fingers it will work. If she likes it enough, then I'll buy more in other colors so she can have options.

Sunday morning, Charlotte was coughing a lot, so I had her stay home with Milo while the rest of us went to church. Alice was about to say something about her wanting to stay home also but I quickly told her that I get to go to class with her that day! The primary was having a special class for the kids turning 8 this year and talking about baptism with their parents. She was excited to have me in class with her. The primary president showed a video and talked about baptism and the bishop also talked a little bit about the bishop interview before baptism. Alice will be turning 8 at the end of the year, so she won't actually get baptized until next year. She is very excited to get baptized! The primary president also gave each child a bag of goodies.

Donuts on a stick in the shape of an "8".

She got a dry erase chart to write goals on, stickers, a picture of Christ with a child and a temple ring.

Here's her temple ring. I love these temple rings and wish they had them when I was a kid.

The rest of our Sunday was kind of lazy and everyone was doing their own thing. I watched several episodes of the Chosen.  We finally got together after dinner to play a game of Uno and shared the remainder of the girls' Valentine candy. I was so happy to see Garrett playing with us and having fun. He even wore some silly heart shaped glasses while playing.


Being silly for the picture. Alice was ducking down to hide.

We finally used our new card shuffler that Curtis's parents gave to him for Christmas. It works really well and I'm glad we have one now.

Listening to the "Lollipop" song while licking suckers.

He was faking it.


Lick, lick, bite!

Overall, it was a good weekend. I was hoping to get some yard clean up done on Saturday but that didn't happen. The weather has not been cooperating with me this week either to be able to do it. It's either really windy and cold or it's raining. March starts tomorrow and things are starting to grow. I'm getting anxious to get out there and get things done but will have to be patient.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

Finally got to read your blog. That golf place looks fun and your French Toast dinner sounded delicious! Your good parents. I can't wait to see Charlotte's new dress.