On the evening of the 13th Jack had a jazz dessert night fundraiser for the music department at the high school. Curtis was still in Idaho and so the girls and I decided to attend while Garrett stayed home. We paid for our tickets and sat at decorated tables in the cafeteria and listened to music while eating different kinds of desserts. The girls were happy to bring home some balloons from the event. I wasn't even sure I was going to go to the event until the girls got home from school and I asked if they wanted to go. I'm glad we did because it was fun and they enjoyed it also. They had a silent auction for different baskets and things. I bid on a Southridge blanket but got outbid and didn't win. Charlotte was really bummed.
 |
| They had a cute display of balloons to take pictures in front of. |
 |
| Listening to the band now. |
 |
| He loves that black hat. |
 |
| Enjoying their desserts. |
 |
| The napkins were wrapped like a rose. It looked so cool. |
 |
| Jack and his girlfriend, Morgan. |
 |
| The balloons the girls were lucky enough to bring home. |
Charlotte had woken up with an aching ear the day before the concert, after we got home from Idaho. Her doctor didn't have any appointments available, so we took her to the express care close to our house and was able to get her in that morning. It was just an outer infection in one ear, so the doctor prescribed some ear drops for that ear. That's the first time ear drops have ever been prescribed for my kids. Usually, they are given Amoxicillin. The next day (same day as the band concert) she was feeling good and went to school and then of course the band concert. Garrett had also stayed home on Monday still not feeling well (like he did in Idaho). I started him on Dayquil and Nyquil pills and made sure he got them regularly. He felt good enough to go to school the next day. For the next few days I would bring him his pills at lunch time to the seminary building to make sure he would get the next dose when he needed it. He continued to feel better each day and eventually didn't need the pills anymore. Sure glad they worked!
The girls had a fun Valentines' at school and brought home lots of goodies. Curtis traveled home that day and brought me a bag of dark chocolate truffles and roses. I'm surprised the roses lasted the trip home. We didn't go out to dinner since it was Wednesday and they had mutual. I was fine with that. Curtis was having tooth trouble while in Idaho and ended up having a tooth pulled by his brother Casey, where a root canal had failed. He may put an implant in that spot later on but for now he's just healing up.
 |
| Alice made me a cute Valentine at school. Charlotte made something similar to it for Mother's Day last year. Their teachers must have shared the idea. |
 |
| The girls and their Valentine loot. |
That morning before the girls went to school, I surprised them with the Sing 1&2 DVDs as a Valentine gift. I don't normally give them a Valentine gift, but it was an excuse to get them these movies. They were super excited and couldn't wait until Friday to watch them for the first time. They had discovered music videos from the movies on YouTube and kept watching them over and over. That's when I secretly ordered them on Amazon. Curtis and I were interested in watching them also. They had some good songs on the show that we recognized. We watched them together Friday night. Curtis wanted to watch them but ended up falling asleep for most of the first movie. He didn't want to watch the 2nd one until he could rewatch the 1st movie. They were cute movies and the girls and I enjoyed them. Garrett enjoyed them also. Jack wasn't interested and didn't watch with us.
That night Charlotte woke me up in the middle of the night at 1:30am with both of her ears hurting now. The one that had ear drops (her right ear) wasn't hurting as much as the other one, but it was still hurting. I had to give her some Ibuprofen and sit up with her until the pain died down enough for her to go back to sleep. She was definitely going to stay home from school again that day. I called the express care as soon as they opened at 8am but there weren't any openings anywhere that day. Even the express care takes appointments only. We had to wait until the next morning (Friday) to get her in. Luckily, she only missed half a day of school on Friday because they were having a special early release that day. I took her in and she had inner ear infections in both ears. The doctor prescribed amoxicillin and Flonase. She had a cough on top of that and the doctor said she sounded a little raspy inside and said to use her nebulizer a couple of times a day and to have the humidifier on at night. I was really missing our old pediatrician that week because I know we would have only had one appointment. He would have done the Amoxicillin from the start just to make sure it didn't spread (like it did).
Alice loves to wear dresses and wore a dress to school that Friday and when she got home she put on the crown that Grandma Vernie gave her. She wore it the rest of the day. I love this girl and that she likes to look like a princess. She's my only girl who likes to wear dresses.
Curtis and I did end up going out to eat Friday night before we watched the movies. I guess that was considered our Valentine's date. We decided on a Chinese restaurant. It was good but I didn't care for the chow mein. I got to thinking that maybe it was lo mein that I ordered on accident because it was more of a sauce than noodles. Maybe it wasn't the greatest Valentine's week but it was still good.
No comments:
Post a Comment