Garrett and I took a quick trip to Nampa last weekend for another orthodontist appointment. We left Thursday right after school. Everyone else stayed at home because of school and tennis. Garrett and I arrived at Grandma Norton's around 8:15pm. He drove the first half and I drove the second. I let Laverne and Dad know that we were at Grandma's, but they had a big day and were too tired to come over that evening. We did have plans for the next day though. Since it happened to be my friend Whitney's birthday, I invited her over to play games with me and Grandma. Garrett wanted to do his video games. We played a few rounds of Golf and then a couple rounds of SkipBo and ate some ice cream as well. It was a fun time!
The next morning, we got to sleep in a little since Garrett's appointment wasn't until 10:30am. Grandma cooked up some eggs, bacon and toast for us. Garrett woke up starting to not feel very good. He had a headache and a little cough. On the way to his appointment, I dropped off the Bunco bucket to my friend Heather Ballantyne because she's going to start up a new group and I had mentioned to her that somehow, I ended up with the bucket when we were doing it years ago. Garrett's appointment went well. He didn't have any broken brackets this time. However, I guess his lower teeth aren't spreading out like they need to and so they put a new type of wire in the bottom to help with that. It will also help with his bite. He says it may take about 4 more months to finish up. At first, he said the next appointment will be in 5 weeks but then he said lets do 4 weeks if we can. That would put us at May 31st. At first I scheduled it for another day two weeks later because that's what they had available and because the 31st is a ward campout. I had wanted to go to that, but I decided that since Garrett doesn't even want to go camping and I really want to get him done sooner rather than later, that he and I are going to make it work on the 31st. Curtis will take the other kids camping.
Anyway, after his appointment, we went to Wal-mart to get him some cold and flu pills. He wasn't feeling terrible yet, but I wanted to get a jump start on it and hopefully keep it from getting worse. We stopped by my friend Ashlie's afterwards to give Sydney some clothes that Alice outgrew. They were happy to get them, and it gave Garrett a chance to see Lilly too. They are just a few weeks apart in age. Garrett had a crush on her when we lived there but I don't know if he still does.
Dad and Laverne came over to mow and dethatch Grandma's yard that morning before we went to the appointment. They used a machine that pulls up all the dead grass as you push it around. They got a lot! I might have to start doing that with our lawn.
![]() |
| Laverne had to hold the cord for the machine. It looked like she was walking a horse on a lead. 😆 |
After we returned from the appointment and visiting with Ashlie, Garrett went back to playing his videogames and Grandma and I got started on a puzzle. I had invited Whitney to come over again to go out to eat with us and watch a movie (since it was her birthday weekend). She wanted to do a puzzle. Whitney had some errands to run, and Dad and Laverne had to get cleaned up. When everyone finally arrived, including Great Aunt Joyce, everyone piled into my van except for Whitney, who followed in her car since she had her dogs, and we drove to Freddy's to get a burger and fries for lunch. It was a good meal. I had wanted to get custard while there but Grandma and Dad both had ice cream, they needed help eating, so I didn't get any this time. Maybe next time. Thank goodness Laverne took these pictures because I did not get many pictures on this trip.
![]() |
| One with Dad. |
![]() |
| And one with Laverne. |
We went back to Grandma's afterwards and watched the new movie "Wonka", which we had brought with us. Nobody else had seen it yet but I think they all enjoyed it. It's such a cute movie. I love it! Whitney was the only one working on the puzzle while we watched the movie but after it was over, Grandma, Dad and I all came over to work on it also. We finished in time for me to head over to my sister Tamara's house a little after 7pm. Dad, Laverne and Joyce left before we finished the puzzle because Dad and Laverne had to get to bed early for their early temple shift the next morning.
![]() |
| Our finished 500 piece puzzle. It's fun to do puzzles with other people. |
![]() |
| I did get a picture with Whitney before leaving. That's one of her dogs. |
![]() |
| We both decided to take our glasses off for this picture. |
Garrett stayed at Grandma's while I went to Tamara's on my own. I had some clothes to give the boys and I watched a movie with them. We ended up watching a movie called "Deepwater Horizon" which is based on the true story of an oil drilling station that caught on fire in the Gulf Of Mexico. The real events happened in 2010. The movie was good for telling what happened but it had way too much bad language in it. I probably won't ever watch it again because of that. Eleven people had lost their lives during that incident. It made for a sad ending and didn't leave you feeling very good, so we read scriptures and listened to a couple of Christian songs afterwards. That made us feel better. Tamara also sent me home with some clothes for Alice that she got from her neighbor.
When I got back, Garrett wasn't feeling good. It had been way too long since his last dose of pills, so I gave him some when I got back. Then we both went to bed. We slept in the next morning and just took our time getting ready and packed. I wasn't in a big hurry to get back home. We finally got on the road around 11:15am. Since Garrett wasn't feeling well, I ended up driving all the way home. He watched the first Narnia movie and I listened to it so that helped me to stay awake. Then I listened to Tangled while he both watched Tangled and played his videogame at the same time. He sat in the back so he could use the TV screens. We made it home around 2:30 I think (Pacific time). I'm glad we were able to get him into his appointment before he started feeling worse and that we didn't have to cancel. He spent the rest of the weekend resting at home.






2 comments:
Good post Deedra. It was a fun weekend. Hey, question....how come our design on our posts turned black??
I have no idea. Outdated, I guess?
Post a Comment