Monday, June 24, 2024

Summer has begun!

Last Monday, Jack and I drove to La Grande to pick up Jack's best friend from Nampa so they could hang out for the week. They had fun swimming, playing video games, watching The Hobbit extended edition and went to our youth's gun shooting activity. Curtis took Friday off and we met up with Porter's parents in Baker City this time. We ate lots of pizza and visited for a little while. There is also a hotel there called the Geiser Hotel that has some haunted rooms. They were giving a tour close to the time we were there. We really wanted to take the tour but they needed to get back for a family member to come home from the airport from their mission and we needed to go to the bank to close our Washington Federal bank account. They finally got a branch here in Kennewick but since we already opened another account elsewhere, this one wasn't getting used and they were charging us a monthly service fee. So, we finally cancelled it.

Porter hanging out while Jack was at his driver's ed class.

Charlotte spotted this volleyball set for the pool at the store so we bought it. We just need to get some anchors so it won't keep moving on us. It's fun though!



Waiting for our food at Paizano's in Baker City.

Curtis and Tracy 

Heather and me



That was a giant size pizza. It was good!

Porter got his own personal pepperoni pizza because that's all he likes.

During the week I also found, and we bought an electric piano on Facebook marketplace, so the kids, especially Garrett, could play again. He was happy and dug out some of our piano books from the boxes in the garage.

We put it in the basement.

The girls also invited friends over for swimming one day last Wednesday and Charlotte was able to coax Milo into the pool all the way for the first time. She used his new stick again. Now he loves going in the pool and jumps in on his own. I would have been happy if he hadn't ever liked the pool but it's also fun to watch him. He even stands on his hind legs in the shallow end. He's pretty cute. I just don't like all of the hair we have to skim out of the pool after he's swam. It also gives him good exercise. He's exhausted afterwards and conks out on the floor.

Holding his fetch stick that he loves.



Jumping in.



I also helped in a Relief Society activity Thursday night where we made decorations for the ARC for a dance they put on for the Special Olympics in the Fall. They are disco themed decorations. I worked on disco balls. 

This is one that Catalina and I worked on together. She's pictured on the right.

These are records that were also made.

A sparkly ball.

Sparkly microphone.

It's been a fun start to our summer and we have plenty more planned still. Seth and Monica will be coming to visit in July, so I'm excited about that. Jack finished up his driver's ed class and now just has to complete his drives with instructors and gets lots of driving practice in the next 5+ months. 

1 comment:

Laverne said...

Fun days!! I'll bet the kids are loving the pool! Wish I had one! lol Cool you got to meet Porter and his family in Baker. or La Grande. You sure gave Curtis a great Father's Day. He deserved it. Have fun on your vacation!