Even though we weren't able to do anything last year with being so busy working on our house, this year we were finally able to carry on our tradition from Idaho to attend a farm that has a corn maze and all kinds of other activities. On Friday the 18th we went to a place called Middleton Farms, which is located in Pasco. This place is just like Lowe Family Farmstead in Kuna, ID. Some things were different, but some things were the same or just like it. We met a couple of friends from our ward out there so we could hang out together (just like in Idaho). The Wingerts (except the mom, who wasn't able to come) got there the same time we did. The McShane's didn't show up until about an hour before closing because they had been working on their big pool project all day (the kids didn't have school that day).
There were so many things to do, it's hard to keep track of what all we did. There were some big slides that the girls and I went down. I only did it once because it was bumpy and hurt my rear end. I later learned there were some pillows I could have sat on instead of the potato sack that I had. There were rubber duck races, ball throwing games, ziplines, tractor train rides, potato gun shooting, paint ball shooting, corn pit, straw pyramid, straw maze, petting zoo (which we didn't get to do), trike racing, bubbles, and fake steer roping. I'm sure I missed something but like I said there are a lot of things to do and we didn't get to all of them. We really wanted to try the bigger slides that you slide down on a tube with, but the line was too long to wait for it. They also have flower picking, where you can purchase a vase and fill it with flowers you pick. I didn't do that but saw other people doing it.
 |
| The Curtis and Jack did the trike racing with the Wingerts. |
 |
| The girls climbed to the top of the pyramid while the boys did the trikes. |
 |
| Their straw maze was BIG (as in tall). They had a shorter sized one in Idaho. I like this one better! |
 |
| Found a little nook to take a picture in the maze. |
 |
| Going for a quick little ride. |
 |
| Charlotte going down one of the slides. This is not the type I went down. They had two others by these ones. |
 |
| Alice going down the slide. |
 |
| It's hard to see him but there's Jack. |
 |
| Jumping on the big pillows. |
 |
| Jack, Charlotte and Alice taking a ride on the ziplines. (left to right) Garrett watched with us. |
 |
| Jack and Connor |
 |
| Playing a game called Gaga ball. I had never heard of it before. |
 |
| Alice getting pictures with the pumpkins. |
 |
| Me and the girls |
 |
| The map of the corn maze. It was Lightning McQueen (Cars) themed this year. |
 |
| Big swing time! |
 |
| Brother Wingert giving them a big push, which he probably shouldn't have because it wasn't really built for that. |
 |
| It was hard to get a picture of this guy, and he wanted to sit away from us on the hayride. |
 |
| Us on the hayride. |
 |
| Apparently, this was a new attraction this year. Rope climbing. |
 |
| Alice really wanted ice cream and we barely got some before they closed. |
 |
| Charlotte had wanted fries but because we waited too long, they were out, and she had to settle for a corn dog. I tried a couple bites, and it was good! I will have to get myself one next year. |
 |
| Our girls finally got together with the McShane's girls after they showed up. |

Garrett didn't really want to be there for the first little while, but he loosened up after we went in the corn maze. He took off in the maze on his own and would run past us sometimes, with a smile on his face. He got out of there right before we did. He seemed to have a little more fun after that. I am bummed that we didn't get a family picture, but that's what happens when at least one teenager takes off with his friends and we don't see them most of the night. I need to learn to get it done right when we get there. Maybe next year. I also wish that the farm stayed open at least another hour because 8:00 was too early, even after we got there around 4:20. There's so much to do but not enough time to do it all, and it's too expensive to come back another day. But it was worth it and fun! And keeping with another farm tradition, I had to get some donuts. They only had big ones here, but they were apple cider donuts and so yummy! Can't wait for next year!
1 comment:
Looks like a nice Halloween Farm place. Bummer, they closed early! Glad ya'all had a good time!! Oh to be young again. I can't even find the energy to get all my shells cleaned and displayed. Just haven't felt good since we got back from Florida.
Post a Comment