Now that that trip to Nampa was over, I could work on apples again! Our neighbors have given us lots of apples and I've been busy making apple chips, applesauce and apple pie filling. I haven't done pie filling in about 15 years I think, when my oldest child was in grade school. It took a little time to get going on figuring it out, but it has been satisfying to get it accomplished!
![]() |
| My set up for making applesauce. Thank goodness for this KitchenAid mixer (thanks Laverne!) and the attachments (thanks Gaya!). |
![]() |
| Cooking the apples so they're good and soft. |
![]() |
| I got 6 jars of applesauce out of my first batch. |
![]() |
| Time for apple pie filling! |
![]() |
| I had made 6 jars but one of them broke during processing. I was able to save most of the filling from it and put it in the fridge to eat later. |
![]() |
| Yum! |
I also got some yard work done. I pulled out a bunch of weeds in the back corner of our yard. I didn't get to do as much as I was hoping because of the sprinklers but I got quite a bit, plus some vines that were growing up into the tree again.
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
Charlotte's wounds are healing very well from her dog bites. The doctor said it took longer than she expected but is happy that they are all scabbing up. We were able to stop wrapping her arm during our weekend to Nampa. It wasn't until last week after her last doctor appointment that Charlotte's fears of dogs seemed to be more prevalent than I had thought. She was afraid to walk near the back fence or near the neighbor's house. She also got scared when we took Milo to the park the other day and saw some other dogs. She's on high alert, and for good reason. It was sad but also relieving that the owners did have their dog euthanized last Friday morning. After attacking Charlotte and then even the mom owner, they decided that was the best course of action. We just wonder what was going on with that dog to make him act that way. The vet said he was healthy. We're just glad we don't have to worry about Hamer attacking anyone else.
![]() |
| This is what they looked like after 3 weeks. |










1 comment:
I'm so glad they put the dog down. I'm sorry that Charlotte is a bit afraid of dogs now but it's totally understandable. I'm glad she is on alert. Sure don't want that to happen again.
Post a Comment