We had another trip to Nampa two weekends ago and this time our whole family went, so I had to get Milo a dog sitter. Right before our trip though, Milo had started to lick himself down in his private area and kept licking and licking so it was getting red. There was a ball of hair that I cut off, but he kept licking after that. I was worried he might have a bladder infection or something so I went ahead and got him into the vet. We figured out that it was tree sap on his belly from our pine trees in our back yard. They cleaned a lot of it off but not all of it and instructed that we should have him wear the cone so that he wouldn't lick down there and to try to clean him off with Dawn dish soap or rubbing alcohol. They prescribed some antibiotic pills as a precaution. While we were there, they were able to discover that he also had a double ear infection, as his ears were filled with yeast. I had been trying to clean that out with mineral oil but it kept coming back since I didn't know what it was. It was just very dark brown to black in color and disgusting. It did smell a little also. They cleaned out his ears with rubbing alcohol and then put an antibiotic fluid down the tubes. That was all he needed for that, thank goodness. We also got his vaccinations done while we were there so we wouldn't have to come back in December. I wanted to get away from doing that near the holidays so I was happy they suggested it! We made good use of that vet visit, 3 things in one visit.
Fortunately, the people who watched Milo for us while we went out of town were still happy to watch him even though he had to wear the cone sometimes and take a pill each day. Sometimes we would let him have a break from the cone as long as he would not lick. He is usually pretty good when we say "leave it" when he does try, but if he did it multiple times, then the cone went back on.
I got Milo dropped off on Thursday, the 19th while kids were in school. We were on the road to Nampa around 5pm and we didn't get to my grandma's until 10pm mountain time. The kids had Friday off of school for a teacher work day, so that's why we all went. Garrett's appointment was late Friday morning. It went well but unfortunately for Garrett, he's not done AND he has to wear a rubber band again. It's only one but it stretches from one side of the mouth to the other. They keep saying he's close to being done and I surely hope so, but they have said that for the past year. Ugh. I don't want to drive during the winter and it would be nice to get the braces off so we can do some senior pictures.
![]() |
| I took a picture so we can remember where he needs to place it. |
After his appointment it was a good day for kids to hang out with friends. Garrett and the girls hung out at the Wallace's with Lilly and Sydney. I'm glad Garrett hung out with someone this time. Jack got together with friends from FSY at the arcade and then Porter and another friend came over to grandma's to play videogames there. Curtis worked from grandma's office this time, so that was nice that he didn't have to find rides to and from Meridian. I did a little shopping with Garrett and found some earrings for the girls. They had recently discovered some clip-on earrings and were so excited about them that they wanted more. I told them that if they would pay for most of it, then I would help pay for the rest. I found a pack of 6 pairs at Walmart. They are pretty happy and have been wearing them. Charlotte had gotten her ears pierced two years ago but they bothered her ears, so she stopped wearing them and they closed up. I'm happy that they have an alternative so they can wear earrings now.
![]() |
| She's wearing the earrings the girls had found in a box of stuff that was given to us. That's when we thought to look for clip on earrings for the girls. |
Before Jack met up with friends, I took him thrift shopping to try and find a suit jacket because he really wanted one. After striking out at D.I. we were able to find one he likes at Savers for $12. That's a lot better than $60-$100 brand new!
![]() |
| It needs some ironing, but it looks good. |
Instead of watching a movie Friday night, Garrett, the girls, grandma and I watched some episodes of Little House on the Prairie. We're anxiously trying to get through season 6 to see Laura and Almanzo get married! My brother Stillman also showed up Friday night. He came to town to attend the BSU game on Saturday night. Saturday afternoon, the adults went out for lunch with mom and dad to Chick-Fil-A. Dad missed the picture though since he went to the restroom. The waitress took the picture, so we didn't want to keep her waiting.
Our niece Livvie was also going to the temple before leaving on her mission in a couple of weeks, so Curtis and I were able to attend that as well on Saturday with mom, dad, and grandma and all of Melissa's family. It felt good to be there and I'm so glad we were able to make it. After the session, Curtis, grandma and I followed Melissa's family over to a Hawaiian restaurant that had some good meats and rice. It was called Mo' Bettahs. Then we headed back to grandma's house to watch the BSU game. It didn't start until 7:45pm. Another item I bought at the store was a 500-piece BSU puzzle, so we could work on it during the game. Even Stillman got into this puzzle before the game. We finished it after church the next day. BSU won their game and Stillman got back to grandma's house after all of us had gone to bed. One big mistake was that nobody gave him the code to grandma's front door lock, so he was stuck outside for awhile. He had gotten there around 12:30am. Grandma finally heard him pounding the door and ringing the doorbell, and she only has one good ear. Normally I would hear stuff like that easily but because we were using a box fan to help cool us down, I couldn't hear anything and our phones were on vibrate. He tried calling and Michelle did too. I felt so bad the next morning about the situation. We'll make sure that never happens again! He was obviously not happy.
![]() |
| Playing Golf while waiting for biscuits to bake. |
Dad and Laverne had brought over the main dish for our meal after church on Sunday while I cooked some biscuits at grandma's and Curtis's request. They also brought cookies and cake. Well, I knew that Mom's birthday was the next day and Garrett's was in a week, so I told Dad to find a candle and we could sing to both of them. So he did!
![]() |
| I think Laverne did most of the work on blowing out the candle, lol. |
We got on the road back home around 2pm. It was another fun weekend in Nampa and I'm sure glad we could all make the trip this time. It makes it worth it to have to drive back and forth for Garrett's appointments! Unfortunately, the next one will just be me and him since we were forced to make his appointment on a Monday. He'll have to miss a day of school for that one. It will be the beginning of November. We'll probably drive down Friday or Saturday for that one.









1 comment:
It was a fun weekend and I'm so glad your entire family got to come. Thanks for helping me and Garrett celebrate our birthdays together.
Post a Comment