Charlotte and I worked on her puzzle together and got it done in two days. She went back to school after staying home two days from the dog bites. She has been slowly healing and getting better. It's getting easier to bandage her up now that we don't have to do her hands anymore. There's just 4 main bites that we're waiting for to scab over, but they are looking better.
We did have a little scare this last Monday. Charlotte had gone to school and I picked the girls up and went straight to the church for activity days. By the time we got home around 5:30, she wasn't feeling good and said she felt warm. I took her temperature and it was at 101. The paper they sent home with me said to bring her back in if her temp got to 100.4 or higher, so I rushed her over to the same emergency room. I hadn't looked at the wounds since the morning, but they had looked good then, as far as I could tell. We waited in the waiting room for nearly 3 hours before they got us back there. The ER was busy that night. I didn't know of a quick care option that wasn't ER that didn't require an appointment. While we were waiting, she was coughing and sniffly, so I thought maybe it could be related to that instead of the dog bite wounds. Charlotte had an appointment with her pediatrician the next day and I was very seriously thinking about leaving before they finally called us back. I was correct. The mild fever was because of the upper respiratory issues she was having. Thankfully her wounds still looked good and her lungs were clear.
The next day Charlotte's doctor was surprised to see that it wasn't healing as quickly as she expected. She prescribed a stronger antibiotic ointment called Mupirocin. One problem we had was that the gauze pads we were using were soft but would stick to the wounds and rip off anything that had started to clot and it would bleed a little. I was able to find some different pads that don't stick to the wounds and it's been doing better.
 |
| Placing the last piece in the puzzle. |
 |
| All done! |
 |
| Grandma Vernie and Grandpa Tony brought a little gift for Charlotte when Dad drove here to meet Stillman to go to the BSU game in Oregon. |
 |
| This is what her arms look like today, almost two weeks later. |
Aside from Charlotte's injury, I have been working on dehydrating apples that our neighbors have been giving us. They have multiple trees and have lots of apples to give away. They are Criterion apples. I've never had them before but they're good. I'm also hoping to do some apple pie filling and applesauce. Curtis and I also started working on our trim boards in our bedroom. He bought the boards and I painted them. Last Saturday, he hung up what we bought so far.
 |
| Boards all set up in the garage, ready to paint. That means I get to park outside for a little while. |
 |
| Looking good so far! We'll still have caulking and touch up painting to do. Not to mention, the doors and doorways. |
Friday morning, Alice's 4th tooth fell out while eating breakfast. That's the 4th out of 5 loose teeth. The last one is not very loose, so it will take a little longer I think. Maybe if she eats some apples, she can get that one out earlier.
 |
| Our little toothless girl. |
Friday night was Jack's first football game performance for the marching band. They just focused on playing the music and didn't move around during the performance yet. It is "Top Gun" themed. I look forward to seeing the progression. Unfortunately, our football team is not very good. They were getting killed against Kennewick, so we left after halftime.
 |
| Having fun walking to the car after the performance. |


While Curtis was working on the trim work on Saturday, the girls and I drove over to Connell to help Bronson Brown and his family with another parade. The girls last minute asked if they could bring their bike and scooter to ride in the parade, so we did. They decorated their helmets while riding in the car. They loved it. This parade was a lot shorter than the other one but the walk back to our car seemed a lot longer. It was a good thing I have google maps, or we probably would have gotten lost. After the parade we drove over to Pasco to use some free pizza tickets for the girls at Shakey's. It was the first time we have ever eaten there, and it turns out it is like the Primo's pizza place they used to have in Nampa. Buffet style with salad bar, pasta, chicken, etc. Unfortunately, they didn't have the chocolate chip cookie dough pizza, like at Primo's. That was my favorite and I miss it. I can't say it was the best pizza, but it was alright.


 |
| I gave them some money to play at the arcade while waiting for their pizzas to cook. They won a few tickets and got a couple of small prizes. |
Our activity that we did for activity days on Monday was making homemade ice cream in a bag. I think the girls loved it. We had some extra ingredients, so today after church and lunch, Curtis and I made our own ice cream. It was pretty good but melts fast. I think I may want my own ice cream maker now. We used to have one years ago but only used it once or twice, so we got rid of it. I think I would use it more now.
 |
| My bowl of ice cream, topped with chocolate syrup, peanuts and Oreos. |
 |
| Curtis shaking his bag. |
 |
| Curtis added vanilla flavoring to his and same toppings, except he also had caramel. |
1 comment:
I'm surprised at how deep some of Charlotte's wounds are. &^$# DOG!! The house trim is looking great!! Anxious to see you all this weekend. Safe travels.
Post a Comment