Our last activity days was originally supposed to be a family history activity put on by the Chandlers (Susan and Dave) in our ward, who are in charge of family history. Sister Chandler had to tell us a few days before that she wasn't going to be able to do it on the 24th because she was able to get an appointment for her eyes to be dilated prior to surgery and said last time her eyes stayed dilated for about 13 hours. Sister Gale was supposed to be out of town, and I thought it was going to be just fine because of the family history activity. When that changed, Sister Gale decided to come home from her trip early and she found a bunny craft for the girls to make. We did the craft and a game, along with jump ropes.
![]() |
| They are made out of heavy paper and have a weight in the back to make them rock. |
I guess the Kennewick School District has a tradition they've been doing for a long time now for the 5th graders. Each year the 5th graders practice some songs that they will sing together. It's called the 5th Grade Choral Festival. All of the 5th graders from every school will perform together. Except they do have to split it up into two sessions because there are so many. On the same night as activity days was Charlotte's performance and there were 9 schools. The second night there were 8 schools. They did some popular songs that I love and some I hadn't heard of. The funny thing was that I went to the practice earlier that morning as a chaperone and there were a lot more kids at the practice than the actual performance. I had heard Charlotte's teachers tell the students that they didn't have to go unless they wanted to or their parents made them. The cool thing is that they did record it on YouTube and so anyone could watch from anywhere. I totally forgot about that option until right before the show started. After they sang several songs, the choirs from Kamiakin and Southridge High schools performed one song each. Then the 5th graders sang more. One of the songs I really liked was the one by Carrie Underwood called "I Will See You Again".
![]() |
| The students who sang were in the bleachers. |
![]() |
| Charlotte was in this section, right side, 3rd row from bottom. |
The very next day they had an awards assembly at the girl's school and Charlotte won the Citizenship Award in her class.
To celebrate, I took Charlotte to get a free ice cream with a coupon she had won previously. She saw the big spoon by the doors and had to get a picture.
Okay, I don't remember what we were doing before taking this picture, but I love it and wanted to save it here. Alice is such a sweetheart!
Jack had a Wind Ensemble Band Concert on the 27th. It basically means advanced concert band. We enjoyed watching like always, and it was great to actually see him up front this time with his French horn!!
The weather was nice one day and so the girls and I took a walk in our neighborhood. Charlotte would let go of the leash sometimes to see if Milo would stay with her, and he did! It was funny because he also stepped in the loophole that we usually hold on to and just kept walking like that. We had walked down to the Gale's house to let Milo play with his new friend, Harley. They had so much fun running all over the yard and playing keep away from each other with some of the toys.
![]() |
| We spotted this bird in someone's front yard on the walk home. At first, I thought it was a chicken, but I'm not sure. It's kind of cool looking though. |
The last weekend of March was the first weekend of the kid's spring break. I knew we would be going out of town the next Monday and staying in Nampa all week, so we did a little clean up in the yard before going. I trimmed a bush while Garrett raked leaves. The only picture I took was of him working. I'm posting a picture of the bush I trimmed but it was taken a few days earlier. I hated to trim that bush when it looked so pretty with all of the yellow, but I knew it needed to be done because that bush would get huge over the summer. I wish I could have gotten out there early enough to trim the bush before it bloomed. Next year I'll either trim it really early or wait until after the yellow blooms fall off before trimming it.
![]() |
| He worked hard for me and I'm so thankful he was willing to help. |
![]() |
| This was what the bush looked like several days before I trimmed it. |
Alice was finally able to wear her new spring dress she got for Christmas from her Grandma Butterfield.



















1 comment:
Your activity days look fun. I would like that calling. lol Not yet though, I guess. That might be a chicken. Sister Law in our ward had some bizzare looking chickens that I was surprised were chickens. lol His head sure looks like one. Your yellow bush is a forthysia. I love them too!! Good for Garrett to clean it up after you trimmed it. Jack is doing great on all his instruments. Talented young man.
Post a Comment