On March 14th, it was "Pi Day" (3.14....) which is a math term, so some people like to celebrate with having pie. I usually forget, but this year we were invited to a Pi Day party. It was for any adults in the ward, but it was at a member's home, Andrew and Michelle Gould. They have only been in the ward for about a year. Anyway, I didn't actually find out about it until the day before the party and I didn't have time to come up with any special kind of pie to make, so I went with pumpkin, because I already had a can of pumpkin ready to go in our pantry. There was a competition for the homemade pies, but I didn't really care about that. I knew I wouldn't win with just a pumpkin pie, but it was definitely a popular choice to have a slice. We cut very small slices so that they were sample size. By the end of the night we came home with only two small slices, which the girls were very happy to finish off for us.

The next day on the 15th, it was the annual Leprechaun Dash. Curtis and I took the girls and Milo to the 1-mile run/walk. It was really cold that morning, so I wore my long underwear and multiple layers. I was nice and comfortable. Milo did a lot better this year and we were actually able to walk him with the crowd this time. Charlotte held his leash most of the time. Curtis, Charlotte and Milo were going a lot faster, so Alice and I walked together. It was a cold morning, but it was still fun. We even got there early enough for the girls to get a free t-shirt. Afterwards, we took the girls to get a donut from the donut shop called Popular Donuts.


On Monday the 17th was St. Patrick's Day, but my kids did not have school that day because it was a reserved snow make up day. The school district scheduled two snow make up days and decided to use the one that we needed for the weekend of Memorial Day, especially since it was only a half day originally. I took the time to open my new puzzle and got the border put together. Well, that's as far as I have gotten to this day. Curtis needs to buy me smaller puzzles, like 500 piece so I can do them quicker. AND not so complicated. I'll do this puzzle, but it may take as long as my balloon puzzle did, even though it's 1000 piece instead of 2000 piece.

On the 20th, our relief society put on a dinner and service activity. We had a few sisters in the ward that made us a Mexican dinner that included tamales, rice, beans, salsa, and fried tortillas sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. It was all delicious! After the dinner, they did a short tamale making demonstration and then we filled Easter eggs for the ARC. We had a pretty good turn out with about 25 women.
 |
| I was there early to help set up and get us in the building. |
 |
| Catalina Diaz, Margaret Quintero, Toni Diaz |


The weekend of the 22nd we drove over to Lewiston for Bridger's birthday and baptism AND Jayden's play. We drove over Friday night and got a hotel this time because Michelle's family were staying with them. After checking in we drove over to Stillman's to hang out and visit for the evening. We thought our hotel would have a pool and packed our swimsuits to go swimming. Well, they do have a pool, but it's outdoors and still closed and too cold. Our second disappointment with the hotel is that we thought breakfast was included, but it wasn't. It was available to purchase separately restaurant style. We decided to go get breakfast at a little place in downtown Clarkston (because our hotel was in Clarkston) after we all got showered and dressed for the baptism and checked out of the hotel. Curtis and I shared an omelet, and it was good. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, just that it seemed to be in downtown, I think. After breakfast, we drove straight to the church for the baptism of Bridger. He happened to get baptized on his birthday. It was neat that the family all had parts in the program. Jayden gave a talk, and they even had Keaton read a talk that Alex wrote while on his mission. Alex was able to watch the baptism online. Technology can be great for these types of things!
After the baptism we all drove over to Stillman's to eat lunch. Then it was off to see Jayden in his high school play, The Wizard of Oz. They did a great job!
 |
| Charlotte thought their statue of the mascot was pretty cool. This was by the front doors. |
 |
| Curtis saw this golden toilet and of course had to get a picture. I don't remember what it was all about, but it looked like it was some sort of rivalry trophy, kind of like when Nampa had the bell. |
 |
| Laverne got a picture of Alice with "Dorothy" after the show. |
.jpg) |
| Jayden already changed before he came out for pictures. |
 |
| These guys are great buddies. Jack talked up a storm with Brogan before and after the show. |
 |
| Alice by the statute. |
After the show it was back to Stillman's for a birthday party for Bridger. We quickly put up decorations while he played video games downstairs. It was Spiderman themed. I remember when Garrett and Jack loved Spiderman and Batman.
As soon as the party was over, we finally hit the road to go back home (at like 8:30pm). It's a good thing it's only a 2 1/2 hours drive. We needed to get back for church the next day, especially since they were sustaining Curtis to be the new Elder's Quorum President for our ward. He was already a counselor before so it's not as big of a shock or adjustment. He'll do great and it was a great weekend. We were so glad we could be there for the baptism and play.
1 comment:
Great lookin pie!! Lots going on in your life. So glad we were able to see you guys at Bridger's baptism and Jayden's play! Fun weekend!
Post a Comment