One day while at church, Charlotte decided to draw a picture of Jesus from looking at a printed picture that she had. I definitely think art talent is running in this family. She did a great job for being only 11 years old! I just had to share it. She later did some other drawings as well.
 |
| Her big brother Garrett from looking at his senior picture. |
On the other artist side, Garrett and I got busy painting our ceilings and walls after doing all of the prep that needed to be done, such as new texture and filling holes, etc. Curtis did the ceiling texture and most of the retexturing on the walls. I had to do a little of the texturing as well because there were a couple of spots he missed and a hole that he filled later.
 |
| After doing a layer of prime on everything, it was time for paint! |
 |
| Even Alice got in on the action. Those three areas that are taped off in boxes are what Curtis missed. We didn't want to wait, so we painted around. Next time, don't paint on the tape though, because it kind of left a line. I ended up doing texture on those spots later because Curtis was too busy and I didn't want to wait. Thank goodness for spray texture in a can! |
 |
| After paint, we got lights and a ceiling fan installed! It was exciting! |
 |
| It's so nice to have a lit-up room finally! |
 |
| These lights are neat because they have a night light option, plus it can still be dimmed. |
In the middle of all of this, our dryer decided to quit on us. I had to take some clothes down the street to dry at least one load of laundry at someone's house from church, the Zimmerman's, until we could get a new one. I have to say though, this dryer was a good dryer. Curtis had to fix it (put a new belt on or something like that) a couple of times over the years, but we've had that dryer ever since we got married. It was finally something Curtis couldn't fix and time to say goodbye, after 23 years. RIP
No comments:
Post a Comment