Wednesday, December 31, 2025

Band Concert and Choral Fusion

Thursday the 11th was Charlotte's holiday band concert. She again had her best friend Ivy there and her mom, Jen, who is my friend. They were so awesome to come on late notice. The 11th was also dress rehearsal for the Choral Fusion concert. I drove both girls over there to Richland and left a little early with Charlotte to get her back to her concert on time. Then Jen brought Alice with her to the concert. Curtis was traveling and thought he would be back in time, but he just missed it. Jack came to watch but then left after Charlotte performed because he had a lot of homework to catch up on.


Playing with the Grinch, ha ha.




The girls loved watching Jack perform in Choral Fusion (a show choir) last spring and decided they wanted to do it in the Fall, so they did! They have had so much fun and looked forward to going to practice every Thursday evening. It was the highlight of their week. Choral Fusion is actually broken up into 3 different age groups: Junior Fusion, Mezzo Fusion and Choral Fusion. Junior Fusion is ages 7-9, so that was Alice's group. Mezzo Fusion is ages 10-13, so that's Charlotte's group. Choral Fusion are the main performers at ages 13-18 and that's where Jack was in the Spring. In the Fall they always do a Christmas themed show because they perform in December. I really enjoyed watching Forte and Fusion this month. 

Friday the 12th, Curtis and I came to watch the girls in their first performance along with his coworker, Elise, and her son Lucas. We paid for her ticket to thank her for all the cat advice she gave us for Coco. She is also going through a tough time right now with a divorce, so we wanted to invite her out to do something because she never goes anywhere. They both enjoyed the show. Then on Saturday I went again with the activity day girls. We decided that since 5 of our girls were in the show that we would make this the last activity for the year, to go watch and support the girls in the show. It also helped that kids 12 and under were free at the matinee performance. Because I have to drive the girls over to Richland for the shows, I ended up watching each show (and yes, I had to buy a ticket each time, but it was worth it!). On Saturday evening I used that show to get videos of them. Then the last show was on Monday and that's when both of the boys came to watch.




















Those two are sisters and daughters of the director.

Charlotte and Charlotte

Big brothers


Having fun with friends after the last performance.



It was a great time for them and me. I can't wait to watch all three of my youngest kids do the show again this spring!

No comments: