Monday, June 16, 2008

World's Greatest POP!




So even though Curtis said not to I did wake up and make him breakfast for Father's Day. I hadn't made him breakfast last year so I knew I needed to do it this year. I made him good ol' bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast. I think he was really happy that I did that for him even though he said not to. Anyway, so after breakfast he was off to his church meetings, which gave Nicole and I time to get his gifts put together. As you can see from the pics, the main part we worked on was cutting out paper neck ties to put on bottles of root beer, which said "To The World's Greatest POP!". We gave the first one to Curtis and then made 3 others for his dad, my dad and Grandpa Norton. Nikki also told me she wanted to get Curtis a hat, so I picked him out a new and clean orange BSU hat.

I wanted to make sure Curtis would get his gifts before church so I made him take the van to his meetings so he would have to come home to get us. Curtis loved his homemade necktie card and root beer of course. He drank it so fast he thought I had maybe already had some and complained there wasn't enough in the bottle. Anyway, then of course we ended the day with our dinner at Mom and Dad Norton's. It was overall a great day!

4 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

The necktie was darling! I'm wondering what Tony did with his cuz I never even saw it!! He probably drank the pop faster than Curtis! Henry Weinhart, Mmmmmm, doesn't get any better than that!

Fun day!

Unknown said...

That's so cool :-). Yeah, I think those bottles are probably relatively small portions, but they sure are cute! :-)

And Tag!!! :-) Check my post for an example... if you feel like it, of course! :-)

ChrisandTamara said...

I made Chris pancakes - from a mix - but still - that counts! Cute gift idea.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

That is a really cute idea!