Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Update
I haven't felt like blogging lately even though I knew I had some pictures and things to blog about. But here's an update on our project: Curtis finished the roof last week (with help from some family); the insulators came and finished up their job today; Curtis ripped out the wall in our dining room and moved the sliding door to its new spot and also put the family room windows in; the siders started their job last week and finished it up today; the tape and texture guys started today also and should be finished by the end of the week. So here are pics of house and kids.
Nikki is always asking me to take pictures of her and I thought this one was pretty cute and worth sharing.
Curtis getting up on the roof.
Taking out the sliding door and moving it.
Even I got to help a little by taking down the curtain blinds. It wasn't much but I was glad to do it. Curtis tried to help me but I quickly slapped his hand away and told him "no, I want to do something".
Nephew Andrew posing with the wall they just cut out.
Our dining room is bigger. Yay! Unfortunately now the kids keep running back there and getting white feet from the sheet rock that was cut over there and is all over the floor.
Here's Nikki's latest scrape she got at the park last Saturday. We were at Ann Morrison Park and she was running around in the water fountain with other kids and slipped and fell pretty hard, from the look of it. I didn't actually see it happen.
I'm showing off our new microwave that we recently acquired from Curtis's brother Nic and wife Celeste for a great deal. It's so nice to have the microwave above the stove now instead of all the way across the kitchen on a little stand. We gave our old one to my friend who didn't have a microwave right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
SO EXCITING!!! I'm glad you got to do something on it, too - it would drive me batty to just have to watch all the time!!! :-)
Sounds like a lot of commotion at your place. Good thing every thing is coming into place.
Love the new microwave addition. It looks like it had always been there;-)
Yay - not long now! It looks really nice with the sidng and roof all on. So they are texturing. What's after that? Yay for the new microwave too!
I like your new Additions. It might come in handy. I like your tickers too! ;)
Yes, I would say it's gonna come in handy! Your gonna need that extra room! wink wink!
Well it looks great! It's coming along nicely! You guys are pretty good!
Post a Comment