Sunday, September 14, 2008
We're near the finish...I can feel it!
It's time for another update on our project and to see just how close we are to being finished!
A week ago Saturday Curtis and our nephews had fun tearing up the kitchen, laundry room, and some carpet. Here's one of them taking off the baseboard trim to get ready for new flooring.
We had to move out all of the appliances and look what was discovered under our stove, yuck! Apparently, Curtis confessed that a year ago he had spilled some chocolate syrup or something down the side of the stove and never told me about it. No wonder we kept getting ants in our kitchen! So glad it's cleaned up now.
Here's the boys beginning to tear up the old floor.
I thought you might want to see what it looks like underneath all that vinyl. We had to walk around on sticky floors for a few days.
Our nephew Andrew is standing in the spot where they just cut out some old carpet. Look at the mess behind him in our kitchen.
Curtis and his dad putting the new trim and baseboard up on Monday.
The floor guys came on Tuesday to put our new floors in. They did most of the prep on Tues and then finished the rest on Wed. They had to put this dark cement mud stuff on before putting the new floor on. You can see they are almost done with the kitchen.
We had to move our refrigerator into our living room for a few days. Needless to say our house was really a mess last week, as if I wasn't getting sick of messes already.
And Friday the carpet guys came. The kids and I were so excited!! The kids went in there and helped pick up scraps of carpet as the worker cut each piece off. They had lots of fun helping.
And finally here's what the front living room looks like now. What am I going to do with all that space?? :) Let me know if you have ideas on how to arrange that room. Right now we don't have the money to buy new furniture. For now I at least need to clean that carpet.
And here's the dining room. I love all the space in here and I love the new floors more every day!
Here's the area that used to be carpet that leads from the garage to the dining room.
And of course, the kitchen. Those who have seen the floors already say that it looks like tile but it is linoleum. Makes me feel really good about that since we were originally trying to get tile but couldn't find any we liked in our price range. (We had found one but they didn't have enough of it)
Yesterday after Curtis finished up the trim and touch up paint on some of the walls we started moving into the family room. He was able to watch most of the BSU game by the time he got it all hooked up. Unfortunately, I did not watch very much because I was too busy trying to get the front room cleaned up. Not to mention we won't have AC in the addition until tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW, It looks so great! I second the carpet. We love our's as well and it doesn't show dirt at all. I like the way you arranged it. Vey nice. Not much left to do but enjoy it!
Awesome!!! :-) We're so excited for you guys! It really does look great, and I love the vase of flowers on the table! :-)
Looks great! Love the new vinyl and carpet!
It is so fun to see the project finally coming together. Shawn put new carpet in the kids room last year, and it is my favorite room in the house to lay on the floor...the kids room! Should have been my room:)
Post a Comment