Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We saw each other! Yay!

Curtis is doing well and I thought I would share the exciting news about how we can now chat with each other online. The first time we chatted was Sunday morning and then again Monday. It was so exciting the first time that I started to tear up a little bit. And now even better yet, this morning we were able to see each other with the web cameras. He found a computer that already had a camera on it. I was able to get my brother's (Colby's) old web cam to use. Then someone from church came over last night and brought me some speakers (since mine were starting to bite the dust) and a microphone and set all of them up for me. After he left I decided to test them out with Colby and Krista since I knew they had a web cam too. And we did get it to work!
So this morning it seemed like I waited forever for Curtis to get online so we could try the web cam. I didn't know he was actually going to have a web cam available so I thought it would just be him being able to see us. So it was fun that we got to see each other but for some reason we couldn't get the sound to work. I don't know if it's the program we're using (MSN messenger) or just the distance that's the problem. I even tried it again with Krista after I was done with Curtis and the sound worked for us then. We will try it again tomorrow though. The cutest part was when we first got on the camera and Garrett saw his daddy. He kept saying "Daddy" and waving.

Nikki is also loving this web cam. She was talking to her cousin Sarah down in Utah for about 2 hours today. They both had a lot of fun doing that.

These are the times when I really love technology!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a priceless blessing, not just for you, but for Nikki and Garrett. It must be so nice for them to see Daddy, and not just hear him! So happy you were able to "see" each other!

CPTA said...

small things that mean ever so much! I'm glad that you two, the kids too! Were able to see each other. How's the belly?

Hope you're hangin' in there okay!

Heather said...

well that will be great! it will still be hard- but being able to see one another will be much better then just a photograph!

Vernie and Tony said...

Very cool! I'm sure that will help somewhat. Right?

ChrisandTamara said...

Yay! Hope you can get the sound figured out too.

Unknown said...

So glad you're getting to keep in touch!!! :-) And yes, definitely hope that sound gets worked out soon... :-)