Monday, February 16, 2009

Jack's blessing & Curtis's departure

Yesterday was a special event as Jack was given his baby blessing here at our home. It was the first time we'd ever had or been to a baby blessing in the home instead of at the church. Our home was filled with both of our families and our bishop and his wife. It was a great experience and we could definitely feel the spirit. We were also able to get some pictures taken, so here they are.






This is at the airport this morning when we were sending Curtis off again. Garrett looks as if he's saying "You go over there!" or something like that. Just before I got this shot he stood there with his hands on his hips watching Nikki & Katelynn running around. It was too cute. I wish I would've gotten the shot with his hands on his hips.

One last family shot before Curtis got on the plane. We will sure miss Daddy. And yes, it was more difficult for me this time. I was feeling pretty sad and depressed all day until Curtis finally called when he got to Chicago. After shedding a few tears and talking to him again I feel a lot better. He's pretty good at giving me pep talks. What a wonderful husband I have! Now we get to look forward to his next vacation that will be in 6 months. (6 months so that he can come home with his brother this time)

5 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Oh Deedra I was thinking of you today. It was so nice to see Curtis at church yesterday. I didn't know it would be 6 more months before he gets to come home. Hang in there. We are keeping you and him in our prayers and pray the next 6 months go by fast!

G-mom said...

sorry deedra. You are strong. Hope the time goes fast. thank goodness for the web cam and technology huh!!!

Heather Palmer said...

I can't get over how stinking cute your little Jack is!!! You are a much tougher women then I am, but you have always been tougher them me. I hope the time passes quickly. I wish I was closer so I could come and help you!

Vernie and Tony said...

Yes, you are one tough cookie! I can't even imagine! You have a very special family! Your husband is one in a million and darling kids! We love you and are here for ya! Hope the next 6 months go quickly for you!

Amanda said...

I can't believe your going to be alone with your three kids, thank goodness for the family support you have. It would be hard for me, that's for sure, what does your hubby do? my new baby is 7 weeks old now. my how they grow. i'm so happy for you and that everything is going good for you as well. i think the last time i saw you you were pregnant with your first at winco.