Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mother's Day surprise

So earlier this week Curtis's sister, Shauna, calls me up and asks me if I can help her get some plants from a lady in her mom's ward on Saturday morning (yesterday). She said her daughter could watch my kids so that I could do that. The only thing I had going on yesterday was Nikki's soccer game at 9am. So I said sure. It would feel good to help my sister in law. Friday night Shauna calls again to finalize plans and says that the time changed a little for the lady who was expecting us to come get the plants and so she'd come by to get me at 11am and that she was going to take me to lunch too. I just figured lunch was to say thank you for helping her.

Nikki ends up spending the night with her cousin Alex so I only have the boys to get ready for the game. And lucky for me Jack slept in till past 8am again, so I got to sleep. I figured I was going to get muddy and dirty since it was raining so I wore clothes that I wouldn't mind getting dirty in and didn't worry about showering yet. I threw my hair up in a pony tail under my ballcap. So 11am rolls around and Shauna shows up with her daughter who's going to watch Garrett and Jack for me. We went to Olive Garden for lunch where we both enjoyed the soup and salad and breadsticks. Then we headed over to the lady's house. Last night I had bought some new garden gloves and so I brought those with me.

We get to the house and after the lady opens the door, Shauna says to her while looking toward me "she doesn't know why she's here". I say "What? What am I here for?". Shauna says "She thinks she's here to help me get plants". So I'm thinking "what's going on here?". Shauna says lets go show her the plants. So I follow them downstairs and into a small room where there's two couches, a fireplace, soft music playing, and a bed in the middle of the room. Then Shauna hands me a card and I open it to read. It's from my WONDERFUL husband Curtis, who has surprised me with an hour long professional massage. He gave me a very nice Mother's Day card and a nice long letter. Wow, was I ever surprised. Here I am thinking I'm going to go get dirty and the next thing I know I'm laying down on my tummy getting totally relaxed. I just kept thinking what a wonderful husband I have and how much I appreciate the thought and effort that went into doing this special Mother's Day gift for me. I miss you and love you so much Curtis!!!! Thank you!



7 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

That is so totally AWESOME and so totally Curtis!! He is such a good man!!! We are so happy for you and thrilled that you were treated so well from your husband who is halfway across the world!! WHAT A MAN!! It brought tears to my eyes reading this!

Jill and Scott said...

Oh! That is so great! Curtis gets some serious brownie points for that one! Hope you had a fabulous time!

The Norton Fam! said...

That is so great! What a great guy! Haha, I do love that you were all dressed up to work and get muddy! Too funny! Hehe

Heather Palmer said...

Half way across the world and he still does something awesome for mothers day! You got yourself quite the keeper Deedra! You deserve it!!!

Unknown said...

That is SO wonderful!!! :-) What a great, thoughtful thing to do!!! :-) So glad you had such a special, well-earned treat!!! :-)

Becca's Blog said...

That's awesome! What a sweet husband to do that for you. And you deserve it too. :) So glad you got to have some time to yourself and relax.

ChrisandTamara said...

I'm a bit behind on my blogging again - Chris is studying so much I don't get a chance to get on the computer very much. What a great surprise! What sweet husband you have!