Monday, November 23, 2009

Miracles Do Happen

My Monday started off great and here is why...



Nikki's room was a big mess last night when we went to bed and this morning she decided to clean it all by herself before eating breakfast. She was the last to get up so the boys and I were in the kitchen eating our breakfast. I heard some noise but I thought she might have been watching TV. When I called to her and asked what she was doing, she said she was cleaning her room. And sure enough she was. I think our little talk we had last night worked. I asked her if she liked having a messy room. She said "yeah" playfully. Then I said "Do you think Jesus likes your room messy?" She said "No". "How would Jesus like your room to look?". She says "clean". And then I said "we should do what Jesus wants us to do". Then she replies "yeah". ( I don't remember the exact words of the conversation but it was something like that.)

This morning after she cleaned it, she then wanted to vacuum it. So of course I let her. When she was all done she said "now the spirit can be in my room". Of course that made me very happy and I told her repeatedly how impressed I was and how happy it was making me, etc. etc. to encourage her. These are the moments when I finally feel like I'm doing something right. I also went visiting teaching this morning and had a good time so today has been a really good Monday!

2 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

Oh Deedra, that is awesome! They really do surprise us sometimes huh?

I'm going VT tonight so that gives me a story to tell! Thanks

ChrisandTamara said...

Awesome! I'm going to have to try that with Katie.