Monday, November 9, 2009

No More Duck Tail

After about 2 months of saying "Garrett needs a hair cut" I finally did it this morning. I was going to have my brother help me do it but decided I would go ahead and try it myself. His hair has been growing out since February. That's 9 months!


All smiles. He was such a good boy again for his 2nd hair cut ever.


His long hairs are all combed out and ready to cut. I love his facial expression.


There's that curly little duck tail I've been wanting to chop off.


Proof that I was the one cutting his hair. We were both still in our pajamas. And yes, those are Curtis' pj bottoms I'm wearing, hehe :)


A little shorter on top than I wanted but still looks good I think. I was originally going to layer it like I do Curtis' hair but the longest length on the cutters was plenty short for all his hair. So it's all the same length.


Ahhh, no more duck tail.


There's all the hair we cut off.

After getting bathed and dressed. He loves that Buzz Gma Verne! Oh, and and the toy too, lol. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

While Nikki was watching me cut Garrett's hair she got excited and wanted to get her hair cut. I told her I've never done girl's hair so we might want to wait and have someone do it that knows what they are doing. I have still never touched her hair with a pair of scissors, not even to trim. And she'll be 6 years old in January! Part of me wants to cut it but I love her long beautiful hair so I'm having a hard time deciding when to get her first hair cut.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, Deedra & Garrett!!! :) What a handsome little man! :)

Heather Palmer said...

You did a great job! My hubby cuts my boys hair- it saves us a lot of money.

ChrisandTamara said...

Very nice. Looks great! Now he can say he is Buzz :-)

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Ha ha. As I'm reading this I'm wearing Jeremy's PJs that look just like the ones you are wearing. Good job on the haircut.