I was finally able to get Garrett to go on the potty yesterday! Of course, I haven't really been trying that hard. It started out earlier in the day when it looked like he might be pushing something out so I asked him if he wanted to go on the potty. He wasn't really sure. At first I put him on the toilet the way it was but then remembered we had a Sesame Street potty training seat under the sink that also has an attachment for boys. He seemed to really like sitting on the potty seat. But that first time he didn't end up getting anything out. I just figured it's one of the first steps to get them interested.
Later on after dinner I was doing some laundry and he was standing next to me and all of a sudden I heard him doing some pushing again. So I asked him again, do you want to go on the potty? At first he shook his head no but I asked him a couple more times and then ran him to the bathroom anyway. Luckily, nothing came out yet and I was able to get him on there without any messes. I just kept telling him to keep pushing and get it out and he finally did. He was so excited about it that he didn't want to get off. He kept saying he wanted to pee. So I let him sit on there for awhile and then cleaned him up. And of course he was excited to flush the toilet when he was all done. After washing his hands and calling Grandma to tell her the good news I let him have a piece of candy for going on the potty. Good job Garrett! I hope he can keep it up but I'm not too worried if he doesn't yet, especially with his surgery coming up soon. It was very exciting for all of us though.
(And yes, I did take a picture and even though it doesn't show anything I decided not to post it just in case some people might get offended or whatever. The only thing you see are his legs, lol. It was a very cute picture though with a big smile on Garrett's face.)
2 comments:
Yea Garrett! He sounds like he is really ready for it too! Not as ready as you are I'm sure to not have two kids in diapers. I did that for a year and it's a lot of work.
way to go Garrett!!
Post a Comment