So today I had my sister watch the boys for me while I went to an appointment. Jack tried to take a nap in the playpen the whole time I was gone. By the time I got back this is what he looked like. We are pretty sure it was a reaction to the lysol wipe that was used on the crib just before putting him in it. I was in a hurry and my sister was going to wash it down with a rag after doing the wipe but I didn't want to be late so I just laid him straight down and didn't even wait for the lysol to dry. Obviously, I won't be doing that again, EVER!
This is what he looked like before having any Benadryl.
This is what he looked like 6 hours after having Benadryl and right before going to bed. Thankfully he is starting to look better. I also gave him a bath tonight which I think helped.
It doesn't seem to be bothering him. He's still having a good time with his sister. I also called my brother Stillman, who came over with my brother in law Chris to give him a blessing. I am thankful to have Priesthood holders in the family who could help. I did try to call my home teachers but neither of them answered their phones. Thank goodness for family :)
Not only did this happen to him but I also had a dental appointment today with my brother in law and found out that I have some sort of infection in my gums and need to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out. They are still buried underneath too. I wasn't even sure if I had wisdom teeth until today because they took an x-ray. Not sure how soon we'll do that though since I'm scheduled for jury duty next month. It might not be until May that I get it done.
On a lighter note, I took Nikki to the store yesterday and bought her some new shoes. This time they had shoelaces instead of velcro because I decided it was time for her to learn how to tie shoes. And boy it didn't take any time at all. I showed her a little bit while we were in the store and she insisted on trying it right there. I finally had to tell her we'll practice at home. She had it down within minutes after I showed her how to do it. And I don't do it the traditional way. I tie them with two bunny ears instead of one, but that's how my 1st grade teacher taught me. I'm amazed at how fast she is learning new things.
4 comments:
Oh MY!! Poor little Jack! That looks miserable! I'm so glad that he's doing better!! Sometimes we have to learn the hard way but at least now you know! So grateful the boys were able to come over and give him a blessing.
What ar you going to do for the gum infection,besides the teeth pulling? I had all mine out and it wasn't bad.
Poor baby! I bet you were dying when you saw him too! I'm glad he is looking better. I'm sorry about your wisdom teeth. I hope you get a lot of help so you can relax after they take them out! And I can't believe Nikki already figured out the shoelaces. I didn't know your first grade teacher was the one who taught you. Who was your teacher? Weren't you in my class?
I have some prescriptions that I need to pick up for the infection. I was going to pick them up yesterday and totally forgot after Jack's episode.
My 1st grade teacher was Mrs. Ecker. I believe we were in the same class Heather.
So glad Jack is doing better. I think I'll stick to good old soap and water when washing baby equipment. So sorry about that. Pretty cool Nikki caught right on to tying her shoes. Sorry to hear about your wisdom teeth. I had all mine out too. Ehhh! Not fun.
Post a Comment