Last night my parents and grandparents came over to visit. My dad has been in Iraq working for the last 4 1/2 months and is home for a short vacation.
Nikki and her grandpa (my dad)
These kids were so playful and hyper it was hard to get them still for a picture but we all had a good time.
Last night I also had my cousin and her friend spend the night and the kids LOVED playing with them. My cousin came from Utah to get a picture of a painting that our grandpa painted for me many years ago. She's on a road trip to hunt down all of grandpa's paintings to get pictures of them and clean them and anything else that needed done and we were the first stop. The kids were so excited that they ended up sleeping in their sleeping bags out in the family room with the girls. They felt like it was a sleepover. Then this morning Nikki wanted to show them how she can ride her bike. This is her fourth time trying to ride without training wheels and this time she took off as if she's been doing it for a long time. She just started riding all around the culdesac and she did great! Sorry Curtis, she learned to ride before you got home. But I guess I told you she probably would :) Now she'll be ready for family bike rides, maybe even riding home from school if I take her bike to her on the bike trailer.
2 comments:
AWESOME NIKKI!! That is so fun!! We'll have to plan a bike ride one of these warmer days! We had a great visit with you all last night! Glad you had fun with your sleep over. LOL
Yay Nikki! Great job! I didn't learn till I was 9 years old.
Post a Comment