Friday, February 26, 2021

Broadcast for the Kids

 I wish I could get around to blogging more often because it seems like there's so many things that I think about during the week that would be good to mention in the blog but then I never seem to have the energy to do it. Then it's been a week and I have forgotten many things. Oh well, do what I can do I guess.

The church had a special broadcast last Saturday for primary kids. My girls loved it! They even had an artist on there that teaches kids how to draw. We have seen this artist before because there were times last fall and winter that Charlotte's teacher would assign an art video to do and it was the same guy! I had to help Alice draw hers so she could just color it. It was a picture of a child praying. It was a very good broadcast for the kids and I enjoyed it too. Even Garrett started to watch it. Then we watched it again after church on Sunday and Jack watched it as well.




Charlotte's picture

Alice's picture

Tuesday was the first time we have ever taken our older cat Sage to the vet. I honestly did not know how often we should get cats shots, etc. We also didn't really have the money to take her to the vet back then. I decided it was time because of all the mice she had been eating last year thanks to Stardust. We have started to let Cocoa outside a lot more now that he's been vaccinated. However, once earlier this week we let him out and he was gone for awhile. When he finally came back, his collar was missing and Nikki said he seemed a little skittish. That makes us wonder if he got chased by a dog or something and maybe lost the collar getting stuck under a fence. But there's no way to tell for sure what happened. I had intended to take the bell off so that it wouldn't attract dogs but I hadn't done that yet....oops! When we get him a replacement collar I will take the bell off right away. If for some reason he loses that one too we may just give up on him wearing a collar. At least Sage still has hers.

So I didn't do a lot of preschool stuff with Alice this week but on Tuesday we did some. I have a paper with ideas of things to do to help prepare your child for Kindergarten (something I got when I registered Charlotte for Kindergarten). There are some ideas on it for helping to learn how to cut with scissors. There are different activities that they can do that just help their hands do things. This time we hung a string up and had her hang pictures on it with clothes clips. She enjoys doing these little activities.



Wednesday morning Charlotte and I had our yearly eye check up. It was scheduled for December but we had to reschedule after we had been exposed to Covid. My eyes are about the same as last time. They are border line to needing glasses at least for reading but he said it was my choice. I'm going to wait as long as possible! He said age 45 is about the age when people need glasses so I've got a few more years hopefully. He didn't actually say whether Charlotte's eyes were worse but he went over the things we had learned the first time. She needs to be wearing them for reading and school work for sure. Her left eye is working harder to focus than her right eye but if she wears her glasses they will work the same. With Covid messing everything up we kind of slacked off on her wearing them. I guess she would wear them at school sometimes this year but she would have problems with fogging while wearing a mask. It will be so nice when we can stop wearing masks.

Yesterday was a babysitting day for me. As soon as Jack gets home from school he starts playing with the girls. When I got back from picking up Nikki and Charlotte from school (Nikki stayed after to make up a quiz since she was sick on Monday) he had the girls running and screaming through the house. Sometimes I'm happy that he's playing with them and getting some energy out but sometimes he doesn't know when it gets out of hand. I mostly have learned to tune it out. He also got them playing laser tag since their dad was running late to pick them up. I figure they had a lot of fun so it was worth the bit of craziness for a little while.

Last night we also had activity day boys at the church. This time I was in charge. The theme for the night was "putting on the armor of God". I know this lesson is actually a couple weeks away in the Come Follow Me manual but after Jack's birthday party I thought it would be fun to incorporate a nerf gun war into our activity days. It was a hit! We started with a couple of short videos I found on the church website. Then we had one of the boys dress up in costume armor while I had another couple of boys read some scriptures (D&C 27: 15-18). I had the other boys line up at the back of the room with their guns and talked about what some fiery darts of the adversary might be. Then they all got to shoot the boy who was wearing the armor. He was protected from the fiery darts of the adversary because he had put on the armor of God. After that we split them into two teams and let them all have some fun shooting each other. I had brought my radio to use as speakers for my computer for the videos so I put on some Mission Impossible music. Then we decided to play some capture the flag. Sister Nickell had brought some blankets to throw over chairs and tables to use for hiding during the shooting. We used her two scarves as our flags. We played about 3 or 4 rounds and then it was time to clean up and have a snack of granola bars and water. We had 9 boys there last night and I think they all had a really fun time. I didn't get any pictures though since we were using my phone for music (it was connected to the radio). 

This morning I had to run to the grocery store to grab some groceries. I signed up to take dinner to the missionaries tonight. We're doing Italian Chicken on rice with some Caesar salad. I also baked up some zucchini bread since I still had some frozen zucchini in the freezer. Anyway, I'm ready to relax for awhile now.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

WOW!! Your one busy momma! Don't worry about not blogging daily! Your doing great. The blogger Nie Nie is quitting! It kinda makes me sad but she said it's time for her to quit. I'm so impressed with her. I think maybe I should too but I enjoy it too much. lol