Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Jack's 12th Birthday - Friends Party

Jack's friends party on Saturday turned out pretty well. Jack and I had come up with a scheduled plan of events for his party before he made the invitations and we did pretty well sticking to the schedule. They played a little bit of Uno (Super Mario version), a little bit of ping pong and foosball, then an hour of video games. After video games it was eating time where we served pizza, a veggie tray (carrots, celery, broccoli, dip and red grapes), and soda pop (Sprite, Root Beer, & Crush Orange). I felt like I had to have a veggie tray so we didn't have so much junk food, even if the boys didn't hardly touch it. It gave me something healthy to snack on at least. Curtis also has been buying salads with our pizza the past few times we've gotten Papa Murphy's and so he brought home salad for the two of us as well. After they finished eating Jack opened a gift from his friend Xavier, who said he had to leave early. It was a $20 gift card for the Nintendo Switch so he could purchase a game online. Then they played a little more video games. At about 5:30 it was Nerf war time in the family room. They were all really excited about that. We purchased a pack of 200 bullets so they would have plenty to play with and nobody had to bring their own. I also found safety glasses at Walmart for nerf gun wars and bought enough for everyone to have some, even Charlotte and Alice. They did the war for the next hour. At 6:30 we did cake, ice cream sandwiches and gifts. We decided we would only give Jack some of his gifts from us at that party. The rest would be given at the grandparent's party the next day.

Nikki gave this to Jack Friday night since she would be gone to work during the friends party. It's the block you see on Super Mario Brothers. It's a light that you push down to turn it on and off and it makes the ding sound each time. He loves it!

Jack with his 5 friends and brother playing Super Mario Uno.

Jack wanted chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. He also did the decorating. I love when they get older and want to do more to help with their parties. Less for me to worry about.

This is how the boys decorated. I'm going to have to teach them how to properly hang streamers. I didn't have time to help them this time around. Maybe at Charlotte's birthday in April.

Playing some ping pong on our kitchen table. Curtis and I played a round after the boys got on to their video games.

We had half in the family room.

The other half playing in the office.

Jack getting ready to light his cake. The blue candle had a special holder that turns on to play the tune of Happy Birthday. 

Porter gave Jack his first official Nerf brand gun. The other ones he has are other brands. It's funny because Jack's middle name is Porter and he has a friend named Porter.

Rhett gave him laser tag, which works with Garrett's laser tag game also since they're the same brand.

Chase gave him nerf bullets and a $10 Walmart gift card.

We gave him this jacket. Don't let the face fool you. He actually really likes this jacket and wore it to school yesterday.

Finally upgraded to a bigger bike. He kept telling me that he wished he had a new bike.

And a book we thought he would enjoy called "Middle School Field Trip Fiasco".

The boys had a little time after opening gifts and eating dessert so they got back to their nerf gun war and even did some laser tag as well, with the lights turned off in the family room. I think everyone had a great time.

After all the kids left and we got the girls bathed we ended the night by relaxing and watching a movie that I borrowed from my friend Whitney called "Little Boy". If you haven't seen this one, it is really good! Be prepared, even Curtis cried.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

WOW!! Your birthday parties go on for a long time!! lol I'd have been ready to kick them all out after an hour! Bah ha ha!! I loved that movie and I told Tony I wanted to watch it again but so far, he's not doing it. lol