Sunday was our family birthday celebration for Jack. Along with our family we had my parents, my grandma, and Curtis's parents come over. We didn't have the party until 5:30pm so after church and after the kids ate lunch they really wanted some cake leftover from the friend's party. Originally I said I was going to save that cake for the family celebration but Garrett told me that he would bake the brownie mix that I bought (as back up) if they could eat cake right then. I finally gave in and thought the grandparents would probably enjoy brownies more than cake anyway. I know I would (and did)! Anyway, the grandparents all showed up and then we visited for a little bit before singing and doing presents and dessert. The nice thing about brownies is I didn't have to do any icing for them because that's the way we prefer it. And because half of my kids don't like them we did not have any nuts. We also had ice cream sandwiches to go with them.
![]() |
| He likes his new Nerf gun he got from one of his friends so of course he posed with it. And this time I put the number candles on along with his tune playing candle. |
![]() |
| The Butterfields gave him a pouch that attaches to the bike to hold stuff. |
![]() |
| The birthday snack, M&M's. We had to change it up from the usual Oreos. |
![]() |
| Legos, he has been itching to build stuff and so far he's loving this gift. I will have to take some pictures of what he's built so far. |
![]() |
| And we knew he would need a container for those Legos so we got him these boxes that have little separators in them to keep the colors from mixing. He loves it! |
After we were done with gifts and dessert we headed back to the family room to play a round of Air Pictionary. Curtis's parents left early because they hadn't eaten dinner yet. Then after the game was over the rest of the grandparents left. It was a great weekend celebrating his birthday. I'm so glad I get at least 2 1/2 months break before we do Charlotte's birthday! I'm all partied out right now. 😂







No comments:
Post a Comment