The day after my birthday was the girl's first day at their new school. I was told to bring them early around 8:15am so we could have a tour of the building and meet teachers before going to class. School starts at 8:40am. We couldn't believe how big their elementary school is! The vice principal gave us the tour and he's super nice. Alice's teacher is Mrs. Shay and Charlotte's teacher is Mr. Calderon. He's a big 49ers fan and you can see it in his classroom. Both teachers are very nice. Their school is called Sage Crest Elementary. That will be easy enough to remember since our cat's name is Sage. Ha ha! The girls were nervous and excited to go to school and they had a great first day. I drove them to and from school this day but they started on the bus the very next morning. I love that the bus stop is right in front of our house. I go out with them in the morning to wait for the bus and meet them out front after school. We thought they would be the only kids at this bus stop since they had just created it for our girls, but there is one other older boy, probably a 5th grader. He must have found out about this being a closer stop or maybe he just moved here also. I'm not sure. Our bus stop is first in the morning and last in the afternoon.
 |
| This is the biggest elementary school I have ever seen and with all the growth in this area they are already using portables for 4th and 5th grades. Crazy! They're going to have to build another new school soon or something. |
Meanwhile, the boys and I have been busy getting the house torn apart and prepped for renovation.
 |
| Garrett removing the carpet from the lower stairs. |
 |
| Garrett and Jack removing staples. |
 |
| The two closets in Jack's room. The boys are painting primer on the brown wood, which are shelves. |
 |
| Jack's room. You can see one of the boys over there working on the closets. |
 |
| View from the other end. |
 |
| The girl's room before painting. |
 |
| The girls' room. |
 |
| Garrett removing tile from the front landing by the stairs. We will be replacing it with vinyl flooring. |
 |
| Painting the girl's room using our new paint spray gun. |
 |
| Garrett had the roller to get the drips or excess paint. We also had to buy a work light because we had to remove the ceiling fan/light. |
 |
| Curtis used the sprayer on the closet doors for Jack's room, but it turned out to be a mistake. It got way too much paint on them and kept dripping and dripping. It got to where the drips were drying. It looked so bad and we ended up sanding them down. Curtis bought us an electric sander. It was kind of fun to use actually. That ended up being a job I could do during the day. |
 |
| The girl's room after being painted. It's not the best picture. When we get a new light hung in there it will be easier to see. |
 |
| I did have the boys help a little with the sanding but you can see how thrilled they were to do it. Jack was excited at first but after a couple minutes he was done. I was fine doing most of it anyway because I wanted to make sure it got sanded down enough (or not too much). Although, I didn't do it perfectly either. We didn't sand the entire doors, just spots that were bumpy. |
 |
| We found a vinyl floor color that we like. This will go in kitchen, the bathrooms, front landing, downstairs hallway, utility room and family room. We were going to put it on the stairs also but the Home Depot people said we can't put floating floors on stairs, so it will be carpet. |
 |
| After painting the closet doors for the 2nd time, this time using a roller and brush. They look so much better, trust me! |
 |
Finally, a picture with me! That's right, I am working also. I ended up doing all of the painting of the closet doors the 2nd time around.
|
 |
| This was the carpet sample board we brought home. At first we thought we wanted the darkest one on the bottom right corner but we changed our minds and went with the other not as dark gray one on the right side, 2nd row down. It's called Cannon. I had a hard time deciding. I hate having to pick out colors and wish someone could just do it for me. The carpet will be in all of the bedrooms and on the stairs. |
In between all of the work, we do have some fun. One Sunday after church, the boys wanted to play Garrett's new Clue game. It's a new version. Curtis and I played with them. It's fun because it's kind of a co-op game where we work together to solve different puzzles and at the end make our own accusations.
 |
| We're working hard and having fun! |
1 comment:
Awesome!! You are doing a lot of renovation!! I didn't realize there was so much to do. Its gonna be so nice when your done. The girls school looks huge alright! So glad they have nice teachers. I just realized it's Jacks birthday today. Tell him happy birthday and his card will be late...oops
Post a Comment