Charlotte turned 9 years old yesterday! We knew it was going to be busy on her birthday since it was on a Wednesday, so we celebrated it on Sunday. She went from really wanting a kitten for her birthday to really wanting a puppy. We did not want either. I had to make it clear to her as her birthday got closer that getting an animal wasn't going to happen. However, I think we were able to find some things that made her happy. This year she decided she wanted donuts for her "cake". She picked out raspberry filled powdered donuts and chocolate covered old fashioned donuts. Old fashioned are my favorite so I was happy, except I had never eaten chocolate covered ones before. After trying them, I decided I prefer the regular old fashioned better. I didn't really care for the chocolate part. Anyway, Charlotte picked them out and then she had this plan to make it into a big number 9. All I did to help was to put foil on the pan for her. She and Alice did everything else. Charlotte was so anxious all weekend and especially on Sunday. It was torture to her to have to wait until after church and after Curtis's meeting, which was at 3:00, to celebrate her birthday. Jack and I did however preoccupy her by playing her game she got for Christmas called "Exploding Kittens", until Curtis got home. She's starting to love that game and so is Jack. But the time finally arrived to celebrate and she was very happy!
 |
| All ready to sing. She also chose that balloon out. It was a little more pricey than what I usually pay for a balloon, so I told her that's why she didn't get a card from me. Half the time I don't get cards anyway! |
 |
| Jack did the honors of lighting the candles. |
 |
| Kit Kat bars and a puppy calendar. |
 |
| Pokémon beach towel because she loves Pokémon now. |
 |
| Three new shirts that were attached together so I didn't get a good picture. |
 |
| New shorts for summer. |
 |
| She wanted both of these. A newer and bigger water bottle and batting gloves for softball. |
 |
| And her favorite was the snorkeling gear that included flippers. |
 |
| Alice is the one that told me to get a Kit Kat for Charlotte, so they are basically from her. |
 |
| Charlotte wanted to get her swim suit on so she could try on her snorkeling gear. |
 |
| But I wanted a picture first. |
 |
| All set for snorkeling and now super excited to get in the pool. |
I like to have a special breakfast and dinner when it's the kid's birthdays. Since the boys had another game night last Saturday, we bought pizza for everyone and that counted as her birthday dinner since she wanted pizza. I cooked up pancakes for her yesterday morning. I also bought some mini donuts and dropped them off at her school so that she could have a treat to share with her class on her birthday. Then she got in the pool again after school, along with Alice, Jack and Jack's new friend. Eventually Garrett finally got in the pool as well. The weather was warmer than the first time (about 80 degrees out) so I think it helped but the water was still the same temperature, around 58-59 degrees. Too cold for me!
 |
| I had to get a picture of how much muck our little rover pool robot sucks up each time we empty the filter. We dump what we can into the grass and then have to spray it clean with a hose. It's so nice to have it though! Charlotte considers it a new pet and Rover is a boy. I'm good with that! He doesn't make messes, he cleans them up! |
 |
| Garrett got in and even dunked his head! |
 |
| But he was smiling and that makes me happy. |
 |
| Alice didn't want to get in all the way so she was hanging out on the slide. |
1 comment:
Awhhhh, she had a great birthday!! I can't believe she wanted another kitten. lol And then a DOG! She is definitely an animal lover. The pool looks wonderful but 59 degrees is too cold for me. Garrett just couldn't resist anymore! lol
Post a Comment