As I said before, there were more activities after we ate dinner when we got back from four wheeling. Easter was the next day and we were still going to paint eggs. Michelle used the Instant Pot pressure cooker to boil them up. We watched a movie while waiting called Shazam. I wasn't a big fan of that one. When the eggs were cooled enough, it was time to color them. I think Alice, Charlotte and Jack were the only ones from our family that colored any. The girls were having so much fun that I decided to just let them do it. I think most or all of Stillman's family colored some.
 |
| This is a machine that rolls the egg and you just press the marker down on the egg while it spins. I might have to get one of these next year. |





The teenagers had their turn in the hot tub in the evening but I didn't get a picture. We stayed up late waiting for the kids to fall asleep so that the Easter bunny could do it's job. After the baskets were filled, we hid them upstairs. Hiding the baskets is something we always do but it was new to the Nortons. I wonder if they'll continue the tradition. We didn't get to bed until about 1am. It's a good thing church is at noon. Of course the younger kids woke up first and it took a little time for the older ones to get up. Someone had to finally go out to the camper to wake up Jack. They couldn't look for their baskets until after everyone was up. I think it was about 8:30 when they finally looked for their baskets and then had the egg hunt. The fake decorated eggs were hidden inside and the boiled ones they all colored last night were hidden outside. This was something new for us as we usually filled plastic eggs with candy and sometimes coins for the outside hunt.
 |
| We finally bought new baskets for our kids this year because I was tired of the old ones and I didn't want to pack them when we moved. I like the upgrade and I think they do too. |
 |
| Charlotte got a blue bunny basket/bucket. It was filled with new sandals, a purple spring dress, stickers, a kit to build a bird house and some different candies. |
 |
| Alice got a pink bunny basket. It was filled with new sandals, a pink spring dress, a small blue unicorn that you can build, stickers, a Bluey sticker activity book and a few candies. |
 |
| Garrett got a blue bucket. His was filled with a large Reese's chocolate egg because Reese's are his favorite. Then a new Hawaiian shirt, new shorts, sandals, a model kit made out of sheet metal in the shape of a drum set and a few other candies. |
 |
| Jack got a purple bucket because that's still his favorite color. His was filled with Dr. Pepper Peeps, a hat, shorts, Hawaiian shirt, a model kit made out of thin sheet metal of the Millennium Falcon space ship from Star Wars and a few other candies. |
 |
| All ready for church wearing her new dress and holding her Bluey activity book that she already did. |
 |
| The bottom of her dress has unicorns, which she loves. |
 |
| Charlotte in her new dress. |
Church was only an hour long because of it being Easter. We got to work preparing dinner after we got home but it took awhile because the roast beef took a couple of hours, plus they made twice baked potatoes and I baked up some rolls. We also had deviled eggs and broccoli salad. The adults played a card game called Trails while dinner was finishing in the oven. We had to pause the game to eat dinner and then finish afterwards. Right after we finished then we packed up to go home. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive for us so it was nice we could stay a little later. This time Curtis drove home. It was a great Easter weekend and we're so glad we could still spend it with family. It's probably the first time we've ever been out of town for this holiday.
 |
| Pictures after church. |
 |
| Stillman's family |
 |
| I wanted an adult only picture right before we left. |
 |
| It was a beautiful ride home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment